Sheriff and PD's supporting gun ownership...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I hope so...I've (I'm sure we all have) been waiting for common sence to return to the majority.
    The momentum is on our side. Think about the spread of 'shall issue' CCW laws over the last 30 years--that IL would have one was a fantasy 5 years ago! Likewise, there are people on INGO who are politically left wing. How does that fit with DNC doctrine?

The best news here is that, not just rank&file LEOs are pro 2A, but Sheriffs and some PD chiefs are publicly supporting the RKBA. It's like a stake driven through the heart of the gun-ban movement. It would be hard enough to disarm all of us if we decide to fight but with LE at our side what are those prohibitionist fascists going to do to us and who are they going get to do the job?

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I'm pretty sure my courtesy towards the officer when I was pulled over with my gun in the glove box(where my registration was stored) saved me from a ticket. He seemed really pro carry as well. When he asked if my firearm was loaded. I replied "Yes and there's one in the chamber as well." He then replied "That's the best way to carry."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm pretty sure my courtesy towards the officer when I was pulled over with my gun in the glove box(where my registration was stored) saved me from a ticket. He seemed really pro carry as well. When he asked if my firearm was loaded. I replied "Yes and there's one in the chamber as well." He then replied "That's the best way to carry."

Unless you have 10 year olds diving for safety as you sped through a school zone, 9/10 people that inform that they are carrying, will avoid getting a citation from me.

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Unless you have 10 year olds diving for safety as you sped through a school zone, 9/10 people that inform that they are carrying, will avoid getting a citation from me.
    I appreciate that courtesy. I realize how dangerous your job can be and I always try to be mindful of it during traffic stops. I don't reach for anything or move around until the officer asks me to and if I'm carrying I make sure to let the officer know first thing that I have a concealed carry permit and that I do have a firearm. I'm sure some people will disagree with this statement but I'm a firm believer that an officer's first job is making sure they make home in one piece and not giving the benefit of the doubt in a potentially dangerous situations.

Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co

Most police officers are pro carry for legal carrying citizens as long as they are not doing stupid or criminal things. Always it is good to let the officer know there is a gun in your car. Though don't just assume that it will get you out of a ticket, each officer has their own discretion.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom