• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Are there certain guns you own that you really enjoy letting other people shoot, or that you enjoy showing and explaining everything about more than others?
    For example I have a couple of pistols and an AR that are pretty cool to me but I REALLY enjoy showing "regular" gun people and non-gun people my WW2 stuff. If they are gun people but not really of the collector persuasion they like, and I love being able to give them that feeling you get when you get your hands on the history (its different than just being a gun). For the non-gun people I love the feeling of sharing a historical collection that they would not have otherwise been exposed to. It also is a bonus to demystify any gun owner stereotypes they might have and flip them into gun people.:D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I also like showing of my WWI and WWII stuff. Some people's eyes just twinkle as I explain the history and use of these old weapons. I usually only do that with ppl that I think will appreciate them though. I like to show/teach about my other stuff too. It's amazing how many ppl really know nothing about firearms.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The one that gets used by others the most at the range is the Ruger Mark III Comp. Target model. I truly enjoy seeing people react to how accurate they can shoot and how delightful a .22 pistol can be. I had the opportunity just last week to help a family at the range. A gentleman had a lady and her son and daughter there trying to teach them to shoot with a Bersa Thunder. They were having difficulty with the trigger pull as well as the recoil and I could see them getting frustrated by not hitting anything. The Ruger really brought a smile to their face and mine as well.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Hmmm, I don't show my stuff to anyone.

Most people don't know about my collection at all.

I intend to keep it that way.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I get to go to the range tomorrow afternoon and show Delmar and maybe a friend of his my Turk Mauser, Yugo M48 and Springfield 45/70. We are planning to mistreat our shoulders. :D I hope I have enough ammo along. I have 200 rounds of 8mm and 25 of 45/70 in the range bag. Will that be enough for an hour or 2?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Hmmm, I don't show my stuff to anyone.

Most people don't know about my collection at all.

I intend to keep it that way.

I too enjoy sharing some guns.

My daughter now 11 loves to shoot my marlin 39a with the 6 power fixed scope. It does not fit her. She crawls the stock. Hey she outshoots me with it. At fifty yards not a walnut is safe from exploding.

I will second the 22 pistol. Mines a ruger mark II government target with 4 power scope.

Contender pistols with both "LOAD-E-N-BOOMER" barrels and real tame barrels from the bench are neat to watch others shoot.

I normally let others shoot some of my slicked up lever action rifles on some steel plates

There are also ones I have that are "my guns" and not only are they only shot by me I might not let you even hold it. They are" my Precious."

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Whenever I am at the range it seems that I am always letting someone shoot something of mine.
    The last 2 range trips it has been kids.... 1 was a 4-H shooter or something and only had experience with a .22, but he absolutely had to shoot the Glocks....the other was a guy and his kid shooting a Ruger 10/22. The boy was eyeballing all the toys I had laying out so I asked if he wanted to shoot any of them.
    After asking dads permission, he got to shoot a few of my rifles, and had his 1st handgun experience with a little Bersa .380.

Usually a conversation gets struck up over guns, then it's the usual "Hey, pick one up and shoot it, I don't mind "........good times.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    i will say i am careful who i show my belongings to, and let into my social circle, especially when it comes to guns. I just feel that the protection and safety of my family and myself is #1. However, i do like busting the cherry of a non gun owner from time to time:ar15:

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I'll pretty much let anyone at the range that wants to, shoot any of my guns... Unless they've somehow been acting like an idiot, which isn't really tolerated at most ranges anyway.

Then again, I don't have anything overly valuable.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Agree that 22 pistols are great for introducing new shooters to handguns and for helping those having trouble with the basics. Normally, only those I know to appreciate a fine tuned action or unusual gun will get to try out my larger items. Depends on the level of interest and how they handled themselves at the range.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Just got home from Nappanee Conservation Club. Was shooting with INGO member Delmar. Took 3 old rifles along to shoot. 1893 Turk Mauser, Yugo M48 and Springfield 45/70. Had a good time sharing the guns. Didn't even shoot nearly all of the ammo I took along.

Top Bottom