• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've been looking for somebody to do the engraving on my form 1 suppressor for a while now. After I got it made I had it done at a jewelry shop that couldn't really do squat. The guy didn't even know what 1/8" was (for letter height), so I'm sure that when he said he could engraving Stainless steel as deep as I wanted, he had no clue what he was even talking about. It took his high class "scratching machine" several passes on the highest setting to get to the minimum spec. But there was no way I could've coated the suppressor and still maintained that depth. So my quest continued. Then sp3worker posted in the engraving thread, and we PMed back and forth a little bit. He works in the same town as my parents live, so we decided that next time I come to visit we would get together and do the engraving. So last night I got into town around 8 pm and gave him a call. He said he could do it that night yet, so we set it up, and I went over there.

We were there for about an hour and a half, trying a few different things and getting it all set up just right. Got it done (it looks excellent), and he even bead-blasted my suppressor to help with adhesion for my coating. It was very reasonably priced, and there is nothing like giving an INGO member a little something to do on a Friday night :D.

Sorry, I forgot the camera at my apartment so no pics right now :ugh:
    But I will try to get some pics of the before coating and some along the way while coating it.

Then, I'll post it all here (as in here in the Class III section, not in this thread) in a little show & tell of how I made my .308 suppressor!

Now I'm going to enjoy some time shooting with the family. (we finally got our 458 socom brass so we can do a little shooting with that :rockwoot:)

Last edited:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I would love to see pictures of this. Good engraving is hard to come by. I need a rifle engraved. And a handgun.

Top Bottom