• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Has anybody successfully mod the trigger in a DR920 or MR920, I'm interested in buying a MR920 but I like a rolling break and I was wondering how you feel about changing the trigger in one of this. If you have what parts have you use or what brand of trigger?, do you feel 100 % to use it as a carry set up?

Name

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Randolph County
    If you plan on it you have to buy a new trigger with the bar. My Dr wouldn't work with any connector other than the stock. I pulled out the trigger bar and compared it to a stock gen 4 and the eagle head was smaller than Glocks. It causes reset issues, and dropping the striker on reset. I tried my zev fulcrum out of another and it ran just fine, but went back to stock as I like a wall. They're compatible with Glock parts, but the trigger bar doesn't play nice.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Shadow systems pistols are top notch pistols that in many respects better than Glocks. Changed my trigger out because I didn't care for the feel of the actual trigger shoe and I wanted an overtravel stop.. I'm still tinkering with it but it's very usable now. At the moment I have a factory glock trigger with overtravel stop and a Ghost EVO connector. If I understand what you mean by a rolling break (no wall) the EVO connector is more likely to give you what you are looking for.. If you have questions feel free to PM me.
    In the "ignition" area of the pistol I've always found factory parts to be more reliable.
    20220711_172425.jpg

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I very nice gentleman let dry fire his MR920 with a Ghost connector and some sprigs and it was very nice, if I do get one
    If you plan on it you have to buy a new trigger with the bar. My Dr wouldn't work with any connector other than the stock. I pulled out the trigger bar and compared it to a stock gen 4 and the eagle head was smaller than Glocks. It causes reset issues, and dropping the striker on reset. I tried my zev fulcrum out of another and it ran just fine, but went back to stock as I like a wall. They're compatible with Glock parts, but the trigger bar doesn't play nice.
    One of the guys that work at Bare arms in Noblesville let me dry fire his MR920, it had a Ghost connector and a striker spring. It was very nice set up, He said he had to bend the connector to get it to work. I did try a Ghost connector in a DR920 I had and experienced the same as you.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I very nice gentleman let dry fire his MR920 with a Ghost connector and some sprigs and it was very nice, if I do get one

One of the guys that work at Bare arms in Noblesville let me dry fire his MR920, it had a Ghost connector and a striker spring. It was very nice set up, He said he had to bend the connector to get it to work. I did try a Ghost connector in a DR920 I had and experienced the same as you.
    Although changing the striker spring will give you a lighter trigger it comes with the very real possibility of a FTF. If it's a range toy that's not a problem but obviously a big deal if it's in your EDC rotation, just FYI.. I sometimes change the trigger spring depending on the setup but never change the striker spring.

Top Bottom