• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    Everyone keep an eye on the weather and read your NWS area forecast discussions. The storm that is developing has potential to become devastating . Cold ground temps with warm moist air aloft and projected 1-2" precip amounts followed by arctic air and 35MPH winds will NOT be good for some unlucky areas. Please be safe!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We're doing some advanced contingency planning as well. Minor stuff, really. We'll have the autos topped off Monday pm and our TBOL planning complete.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Could get rough for a few people. I heard on the News this morning that if
    we get whats expected, some could be without power for a week or more.

Knowing that something is brewing,
    obviously none of us here will caught off guard
    and will have nothing to complain about.

Well, maybe the weather..............

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everyone keep an eye on the weather and read your NWS area forecast discussions. The storm that is developing has potential to become devastating . Cold ground temps with warm moist air aloft and projected 1-2" precip amounts followed by arctic air and 35MPH winds will NOT be good for some unlucky areas. Please be safe!

I'm making sure all 5 of my 5 gallon gas cans are rotated out by using them to fill the vehicles and then refilling them with fresh fuel.

So if it really gets bad and everything gets shut down I'll have 5 gallons in the generator, 5-5 gallons cans plus 10 gallons out of each vehicles tank if it gets too bad. That will keep me with 10 gallons for emergency travel in the SUV 4x4's.

Nothing like being ready for all h e double hockey sticks to break out.

I do know one thing, forecast like this is times I don't mind the weather man being wrong and it being better than what is forecast.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    according to the weather channel alert 10+ inches possible in northern and ice along the I-70 corridor.

Looking like the path of ice might be about 20-30 miles north and south of I-70, that's a [ath that includes a lot of Hoosiers.

Why does every storm love to take I-70? :)

It's hard to hear a winter weather broadcast that doesn't mention I-70.

It's just the natural direction of weather that flows with the way I-70 does through that stretch.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    The ice storm of 91. We were without power for 14 days. I had a generator and a camp stove then and I have them now. Fuel cans are all full and ready to go.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I was living in Muncie when we were hit and I think it was just at a week that we had no power. I am good on preps but will probably pick up a few fast use items like more milk, bread etc.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Well, I'm totally screwed. I have no money, no generator, no way of heating except electric heat, my 4x4 is on blocks, and I live in a rental. Oh well. Life sucks, and then you die.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The ice storm of 91. We were without power for 14 days. I had a generator and a camp stove then and I have them now. Fuel cans are all full and ready to go.

In 91 I was still a young married buck with no sense of preparedness, we did'nt have power for 3 days and we stayed at my parents house. After that event I always had a lantern, propane stove, water and supplies around. Our landlord went out and bought a welder/generator to run both houses on if it ever happened again.

Sure enough about 3 months before we bought out house we got hit again by a mini ice storm and used the generator for 2 days.

I'll never be without a generator as long as I'm alive, even if I'm in an apartment, I'll have it tucked away in a closet.:D

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I went out to look for my propane heater and.... it's down at the trailer I have in Brown County.:rolleyes: I bought another one and some propane tanks today at Menards. IF it looks like we are going to be hit with the ice, I will get more propane tomorrow.:yesway: We will have to hang a blanket over the dooorway into the family room we added on, and ride this out out there. Wife is out loading up on groceries as I type. The Jeep has over a half a tank of gas, so I'm good on that end.

Wish I had a generator... I have about 100lbs or so of deer meat in the freezer in the garage!

IF we end up with what "they" are forecasting, we are in BIG Dodo!:noway:

Top Bottom