• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Anyone using Internet Exploder deserves what they get. There are a multitude of better browsers out there and anyone with a lick of sense is using anything other than IE.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just downloaded Chrome today when I heard this. I only used IE for (of course!) my credit union. I normally use Firefox, but it wouldn't work with their site for some reason. I could get there, but didn't have the functionality. I tested it with Chrome though, and it worked, so that's what I'll use from now on.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Besides two websites I have to use through my company I haven't used IE in 7 years. Chrome is all I use, except safari on my iPad :sheep: Chrome syncs to my phone, work computer, laptop, and tablet if I use it on there and also keeps most of my logins. Was big on firefox for a few years but its dead to me after I started using Chrome.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If you like Chrome, you should like SRWare iron even better. Chrome calls home to Google with information about you, SRWare iron looks and works just like Chrome but reports nothing to anyone about you. This in conjunction with a better search engine like Startpage can greatly increase your web privacy. Startpage is a search engine that queries google for you and shows you the results but doesn't allow google to see who is searching. I've been using this combination for a while now and I'm pleased with the performance and results.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I agree that IE is only good for downloading a real browser.

For those who use firefox - please consider using something different, I respectfully urge everyone not to support politically correct fascism. Google Brandon Eich or PM me , and I'll be glad to fill you in. Don't want to start a war here.

Suprtek, I will have to give SRWare Iron a look. That sounds like a good setup.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i seem to recall something about firefox being not a secure as it once was. too bad i didnt save it - im too lazy to look it up now.

i am happy with chrome - ran FF for years, but the memory leak was just atrocious

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    b4b.jpg

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I use chrome on the tab 10.1 because I had a multitude of problems with IE and functionality on this site. What I do not like about chrome is that I do not want everything synced at all times. Seems overtly anti-privacy. Chrome has its fingers in everything. This is the same reason I do not like Norton (my past experience was that it was way to intrusive and resource hungry) nor facebook.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd like to say for the tech savvy, there was an easy fix for this (de-registering VGX.dll, which controls the vector markup language engine), but no one tech savvy is using IE anyway... :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Actually, I just found out VGX.dll is only for current attacks. There could be other exploits based on the same vulnerability, but de-registering that dll will provide a fix for known ​attacks.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyone using Internet Exploder deserves what they get. There are a multitude of better browsers out there and anyone with a lick of sense is using anything other than IE.

That was pretty much exactly what I thought before I even opened the thread.

I even use Chrome on my iPad.

Top Bottom