• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I keep meaning to buy one, but ive seen what that mosburg pistol grip does to peoples teeth. How is the kick on the super shorty?

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    I've really been wanting one of these lately, but wonder if the "cool" factor would wear off really quickly and just sit in the safe...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ... ive seen what that mosburg pistol grip does to peoples teeth...
    The ONLY reason people get their teeth knocked out when they shoot pistol grip shotguns is because they are IDIOTS and don't know how to properly hold those guns. They are NOT designed to be held up near your face and be aimed like a traditionally stocked gun. They are designed to be fired from the hip or similar low position well away from your head/face/teeth.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The ONLY reason people get their teeth knocked out when they shoot pistol grip shotguns is because they are IDIOTS and don't know how to properly hold those guns. They are NOT designed to be held up near your face and be aimed like a traditionally stocked gun. They are designed to be fired from the hip or similar low position well away from your head/face/teeth.
    You mean I can't put a scope on my super shorty?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Back in the day, I paid $695 for my Serbu 870.

It only gets uncomfortable to shoot after you have already put a bunch of rounds thru.

I have fired everything from a wide variety of birdshot to high brass buck and slugs.

And contrary to what has been mentioned, even though the Serbu doesn't have sights on it, it is still possible to aim with it. I use the flat area on top of the shotguns receiver as a sight reference.

I do not fire it from the hip.

bigcnv3.jpg

And sometimes, I fire two at the same time!
    bigcraigblast.jpg

DSCN35111.jpg

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Actually its an AOW. They either start out as virgin receivers or pistols and cut down and a fore grip added to them to make them AOW's.

This ^.

Unfortunately you can not have a shotgun "pistol" like you can an AR pistol. Federal law says smoothbore pistols that fire a shotgun shell are regulated under NFA. SO, even without a vertical foregrip, it would still be an AOW.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Who did you buy yours from? and just $5 transfer on an AOW correct?

I bought mine from Acme Sports and yes it was a $5 stamp. I went over and talked to Joe because he had a Serbu 870 and a Safety Harbor 870. Found out that he actually had 2 Serbu 870's so another member here on the board and I bought the two he had.

Top Bottom