• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delphigto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Walton
    Has anyone had any time with the 50a? I'm going to pick up a Barret m82 Thursday but the Serbu looks like it would be more accurate. It doesn't have a floating barrel but they did have issues with them when they first came out.

Last edited:

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Did you look at the Barrett single shots? I've had my 82A1 for twenty years now, and will tell you that any of the single shot weapons are more accurate. I also have a State Arms single shot. HTH:ingo:

delphigto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Walton
    If I already had a semi auto I would buy a single shot. Want a semiauto first. How accurate is your m82?

Last edited:

delphigto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Walton
    What I have read on sniper central and other sites is that serbu had a firing pin problem with the 50a. I read owner mark serbu and customer service is great. I also seen where a guy has sent his 50a back 3 times to have his gun fixed. They always fixed it with no questions asked but if your spending 7-10k on a gun last thing you should have to do is have it in for warranty all the time. I'm going to pick my Barret up Thursday. If I see serbu fixes the problem with the 50a it may be a future gun for me. For now I will stick with the proven and tested Barret. I also understand when a gun like this first comes out it takes some field problems to get the gun perfect. I know Barret had some 34 years ago when the m82 came out. Still anyone who has any good or bad info on the Barret m82 or serbu 50a will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mosin Mounts

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Southwest of Indianapolis
    I spoke with the Serbu guys many years ago during what I believe was their first time setting up at knob creek, and I've spoken to the many times after (sometimes twice a year). They definitely stand behind their products. They are good engineers and have good manufacturing practices. I overheard one of their customers talking to them about a .50 the customer had purchased. The customer owned a Barret and a Serbu, and the Serbu (supposedly, according to said customer) was preferred over the Barret

delphigto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Walton
    Thanks. I did notice the guy on demolition ranch (YouTube) has both and since he bought his serbu he doesn't use his Barret.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Barrett 82A1 is a 2 moa rifle. It can be tweaked a bit, go to the Fifty Caliber Shooting Association site, check the forums, lots of good information there. BOTH.:ingo:

Top Bottom