• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    September 24th EDC match 6:00 pm. Come sign up and have a good time.

This will be non-sanctioned match.
    Scoring will be IDPA style. The stages will be a combination of IDPA rules and a more liberal IDPA to mix things up and give a little variety but striving for some real-world practice and handgun skills.

This month will be 6 stages and 96 rounds.

Attendees should dress as they normally would while conceal carrying day to day. Open guns with your Tee Shirt hanging out 5“ from your body is highly discouraged.

This will be run as a hot range and safety will be top priority. If desired, come to the match with your gun loaded and leave with loaded gun.
    There will be an opportunity to swap out SD ammo for range ammo before the match.

We have some fun and challenging stages planned. Sign up and come shoot.

Signup link here

I just have too through this out there. Coach (Aron Bright) provided so much to the gun community and while maybe not being able to fill his shoes, Parabellum wants to provide a convenient opportunity to get and maintain skills on the westside of Indy.

Hadn’t seen this posted yet so I did a bit of a copy/paste from last month.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    If I've never done any IDPA stuff would I still be welcomed or do I need to be ranked first and come watch a couple matches to see how things are done?

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Everyone is welcome! No need to be ranked or have any classifiers completed.

If you would like to come watch that is also perfectly okay!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! I have an NRA-ILA meeting that evening. I'll be back in October.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If I've never done any IDPA stuff would I still be welcomed or do I need to be ranked first and come watch a couple matches to see how things are done?
    At the last one there were several guys who were new to this type of match. I'm not (repeat NOT) a competition shooter but I really like the carry gun matches. A lot of different scenarios, a lot of movement, hot range, I shoot the gun I've carried for almost 12 years.

I figured out I needed trifocals because of carry gun matches. First I got better sights, now I can see the front sight!!

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    At the last one there were several guys who were new to this type of match. I'm not (repeat NOT) a competition shooter but I really like the carry gun matches. A lot of different scenarios, a lot of movement, hot range, I shoot the gun I've carried for almost 12 years.

I figured out I needed trifocals because of carry gun matches. First I got better sights, now I can see the front sight!!

Well, I'm glad I won't be the first one to make all the mistakes I'll inevitably make lol. It seems like a lot of good fun. I just signed up, so here's hoping. I'll be sporting the glock 20 and the weakest stuff I can reliably run through it.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    You are welcome to come shoot this, there are no prerequisites The spirit behind this event is to use your everyday carry gear and get some practice in with that.
    Don't be intimidated by the IDPA label. this is very informal.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I'm glad I won't be the first one to make all the mistakes I'll inevitably make lol. It seems like a lot of good fun. I just signed up, so here's hoping. I'll be sporting the glock 20 and the weakest stuff I can reliably run through it.
    I was thinking about asking if you were bringing a 10mm. Your username and all ;)

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    keeph8n, Thanks for posting, I have been busy at work but planned on putting this up this weekend also.

I know I talked to ya earlier in the week about it, just assumed you were crazy busy and thought I could maybe help out a bit.

Looking forward to this one

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Here is a reminder of IDPA dress code.

The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) has a few dress code guidelines:
    • Concealability
      All equipment must be hidden when wearing a concealment garment and with arms extended to the sides.
    • Practicality
      All equipment must be practical for concealed carry self-defense and worn appropriately for continuous wear.
    While this event is informal and very, very loosely based on IDPA, the dress code and shooting from cover are two of the areas that are of priority to me. Others may follow.

This is however geared toward EDC and if attire and equipment do not fall under that category and it allows for an unfair advantage then procedurals may be added to your time. Just saying.

I am not turning anyone away that wants to come shoot. Show up, shoot get some good trigger time in. Run an open gun if you want, I don't care. Everybody is welcome just be aware scoring priority will be given to those that are running conceal carry equipment.

I have some good stages planned and we will get out sooner then last time and adding in a new drop turn target into the mix and working on getting better acquainted with the tablets.

3rd time's a charm :)

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    After doing the monthly match at Red Bush today and experiencing steels and poppers/movers for the first time, I’m excited to see what you come up with

Top Bottom