• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Most firearms forums that I have been to have a reloading area that is separate from the rest of the forum. While it would seem that ammunition and reloading would go together I don't really think they go together all that well in this forum. It seems to me that whenever I look at this section all the reloading threads are buried by the threads looking for ammo or telling where to get ammo. This is a really valuable service, but there are lots of guys out there who, like myself, don't buy ammo because we reload.
    So I'm wondering if the reloading section of this forum might not be taking off, as well as it could, because there aren't all that many active reloading threads, that are easy to find, at any given time. I really do believe that any gun forum would benifit from a stronger presence of reloading enthusiasts. What do you think?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    While I don't think it would be a bad idea, it isn't like this forum moves so fast you can't keep up.
    Actually INGunOwners is the busiest forum I have ever been a part of! I just check and there have been 995 vistors in the last 24 hours. That is huge!
    The problem isn't keeping up. the issue is keeping threads of interest easily visible to 1000 visitors a day. As an example I just clicked on the Ammo and reloading section and of the 20 posts that showed up 19 were about "store bought" ammo and one post related to reloading. My theory is that people who a seriously interested in reloading topics will simply find them at another forum. For me, however, I would rather discuss reloading with people closer to home. People who I might actually have a chance to meet, swap recipes with and maybe even have the opportunity to try out new bullet molds before I buy them, that kind of thing.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I posted something to this effect about a week ago, and it seems it got shot down with little to no discussion. I'm with you, but I just don't think the mods want to deal with it for some reason.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ons/37909-ammunition_and_reloading_forum.html
    Your suggestion, while not exactly the same as mine, would work OK. I do understand that mods have plenty to deal with. If they tried to reorganize the forum every time somebody came up with a suggestion they would be reorganizing all the time. Then people would be complain because they are moving things all the time. I get that! I made my suggestion. I think I made a strong and logical case for it. I hope it gets considered.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Yep...that would break things down a little

Most firearms forums that I have been to have a reloading area that is separate from the rest of the forum. While it would seem that ammunition and reloading would go together I don't really think they go together all that well in this forum. It seems to me that whenever I look at this section all the reloading threads are buried by the threads looking for ammo or telling where to get ammo. This is a really valuable service, but there are lots of guys out there who, like myself, don't buy ammo because we reload.
    So I'm wondering if the reloading section of this forum might not be taking off, as well as it could, because there aren't all that many active reloading threads, that are easy to find, at any given time. I really do believe that any gun forum would benifit from a stronger presence of reloading enthusiasts. What do you think?

You have to be careful though.....next someone will be asking for a Glocks only forum.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom