• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My dad has two guns that used to be my grandpa's who passed away in late 2010. One is a 410 bolt action shot gun, the other is a 22 rifle. They are now at my dads, and he already had one 410 and one 22. Made mention that I wanted the 410 because it was owned by my grandpa and he said it would be one day. I know a 410 isn't much, but that one is since it was owned by him.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Sounds cool. I honestly do not get attached to things sentimentally... I do however have a 100 year old bamboo flyrod my dad left to me and my brother got his browning 12 gauge. They are both cool and I am meaning to frame the fly rod to hang in my office but have not gotten around to it.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I have a Marlin Revelation 22 from one grandpa and a Mossberg Persuador and a S&W 38 special from the other. My uncle got the rest of them and pretty sure they were all sold.:(

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Sounds cool. I honestly do not get attached to things sentimentally... I do however have a 100 year old bamboo flyrod my dad left to me and my brother got his browning 12 gauge. They are both cool and I am meaning to frame the fly rod to hang in my office but have not gotten around to it.

I have really nothing that was my grandpa. I have his fishing stuff, but it is more for display as there is only one rod/reel that could be used. The 410 could be shot still.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I remember 4 major guns from my youth that have really stuck with me sentimentely.

The first is an early 70's Sheridan 5mm Air Rifle my stepfather gave me when I was about 10 or so and it was the first gun I ever owned, next to my Daisy BB gun before that. I plan to restore it and then add a small air rifle scope to it for a little Chipmunk population control around my home. ;)

The second I took my first squirrel with at the age of 11 and it was a late 60's Savage .410 single-shot shotgun with a break-open action that said stepfather let me use of his back then. I just recently finally found a replica of that same gun at the I-1500 last weekend, so I'm gonna restore that one too and go squirrel hunting with it once again, just like I did over 25 years ago. :cool:

The third was an Ithaca M-37 Featherlight 12 ga. pump shotgun of my stepfather's also. It was a late 70's model also with checkered forearm and stock, a 30" full choke, vent-rib barrel and I took my first deer with it at age 16, using the spare 26" Deerslayer barrel he had. I've been looking for just the right gun to replace that with for years, and now through this website, I think I've found my gun from another memeber here, where I'm going to pick it up Saturday. :thumbsup:

The last awesome gun I remember (from my stepfather again) was shooting my very first handgun at age 12. It was a Colt Python .357 w/ a 6" barrel and I was scared chitless to shoot her for the first time. Once I did though, I absolutely fell in LOVE with that gun, where I've loved and actually preferred wheel guns over auto's to this very day- just from that one, first experience!

Needless to say, I'm saving my pennies to one day own a vintage Nickel plated Colt Python .357 for myself just like the one I first shot 28 years ago. :bowdown:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    My grandpa has an old Winchester 97 12ga, and a Stevens model 75 .22 pump. Whether they go to auction or get passed down to someone else they will evenutally be mine. He's had them for over 70 years and I will make sure they stay in the family that much longer.

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marlin Model 1893 in 38-55 my grandfather purchased in July, 1900.

Winchester Model 67 .22 cal bolt-action single shot from my father, purchased in early 1930's.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    All of them! .22/410 Savage, old double barrel, Stevens 87a .22, and a JC Higgins 12 gage pump. The only one I got was the .22. But my son did get the double.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I have my grandfathers Winchester model 12. He passed away when I was 8 so it is really nice to have something of his like that.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Iv been wanting my smith model 66 2.5in barrel first gun that was ever mine a good friend of mine gave it to me as a gift to keep me safe I showed my dad the gun and he took it from me! Lol he said I didn't need it ????? Lol hopefully I'll get it back one of these days iv seen them on gun broker and it's a expensive piece! I want it back!

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Got my late uncles Mod 12 a few years ago from my cousin. Custom stock for him [kind of a short fellow] by Monte Kennedy, matching serial numbers on receiver and barrel, vent rib done at factory, probably over a quarter million rounds fired through it over his shooting years at the old Indiana Gun club, other clubs, and a bunch at Vandalia.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Marlin 39A built in 1969 that was my Dad's
    Remington 870 Wingmaster from the early 70's that was my Dad's
    Marlin 15Y that was my first gun
    Ruger MK2 target that was my first handgun
    Ruger Blackhawk .357 that my dad bought me when I graduated high school

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    One i wish i still had...Winchester 1400 series 12 gauge semi auto...had 3 chokes for it...was my dads.

I did end up with his .38 special though, even if it is a Taurus...lol

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i recieved my grandfather S&W mod 36 chief special after he passed a few years ago and i love it. he also had a custom leather holster made for it by another relative (4 generations back of mine) which is cool. the fact that he carried it on him everyday, for almost 50 years is the best part along with my great great grandfather making him a holster for it!! makes me feel as if he is still watching out for me the times i can force my self to carry it. then it gets cleaned and put right back in its safe spot

Top Bottom