Selling my starter CC firearm. Time to upgrade and need your advice!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am selling my Taurus 24/7 Pro C DS 9mm and ugrading to a big boy CC firearm :D. I think I may want to stick with a 9mm because of the size and round capacity:ar15:. So any suggestions on a 9mm CC firearms are what I am really looking for. Also I wouldn't mind hearing about higher caliber and similiar size for CC. I am much more worried about quality/reliability then cost. Thanks for your opinions!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I traded my Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro in on a third Gen G19. I liked the Tarus, but love my Glock. My personal opinion is the the G19 is one of the best 9mm pistols out there for concealed carry. Small enough to be concealed, yet still large enough for a good grip as well as decent barrel length for accuracy.

I'd recommed the G19 to you as a good upgrade from the Taurus.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I would recommend a Glock 19 or 26, M&P 9mm-Fullsize or Compact, Sig P228...

Of course, if you can, go to a range and rent what you can and shoot them. See what best works for you.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I traded my Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro in on a third Gen G19. I liked the Tarus, but love my Glock. My personal opinion is the the G19 is one of the best 9mm pistols out there for concealed carry. Small enough to be concealed, yet still large enough for a good grip as well as decent barrel length for accuracy.

I'd recommed the G19 to you as a good upgrade from the Taurus.

It's a little freaky, but my post and recommendation would look pretty much the same as above.

Except I traded up from a PT140, and I didn't like it. :puke:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I am a wheel gun fan, but with that being said, the concesus are Glock fans, I would lean toward a Glock M30. Big hole, lots of stopping power. Try to shoot as many guns as you can and get what feels most comfortable for you, both to carry and shoot. I personally carry a "mouse gun" when I'm not able to carry a "hand cannon", and even then, I still carry my "mouse gun".

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    what size are you looking for?
    How many rounds would you like magazines to hold?
    When you say that price isnt a concern, you open up a whole can of worms....
    I am partial to Ruger.
    If money wasnt an option would probably get an H&K.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you are looking for a great compact I'd recommend a Glock 19. Love mine and see them shoot thousands upon thousands of rounds without issues. I would recommend looking towards a full-sized like a 17 even; you'd be surprised what you can carry concealed if you chose the right holster and dress appropriately. I can carry my Glock 21 OWB with the right shirt, belt and holster combo and if you go IWB you could probably carry a Desert Eagle if your belt would hold it up!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I would look at the Glock 19 or 26 and the S&W M&P9 and M&P9c. I prefer my G23 which is the same size as the G19, but in .40S&W.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If you want to stay with 9mm, it is tough to beat a Glock. I have a G19 and like it very much. I have no experience with a G26, but those who do like them just as much.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A Glock G19 would be a good choice. Both my wife and I have one. I rarely carry mine, but when I do it uses the same holster and has identical function as my G32. A G19 today would make it a simple and instant transition down the road if you decided on a larger caliber such as a G23 or G32.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    XD! :rockwoot:

Love my XD40, but my next purchase will be a G19. Although, the M&P feels great in my hand. New XDm9 compact is looking nice too. Just buy them all and carry a different one every day. :D

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Tough to beat a glock?...maybe

Tough to tie a glock?...not so much

I currently have a xd9 with night sights and love it and would put it up against anyones glock 19.

That being said, I am not "dissing" or down playing glock at all, my next hand gun will be a glock 23. I am just saying there are other guns out there that compete very well with glocks.:twocents:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just went from an even lower starter CC to a new XD-9 subcompact 3". I love it. (I would recommend it highly for consideration if you area sticking w/ the 9).

But I am a bit baffled by your going from the Taurus Pro C to ?? ... this was on my list when I got down to the final 3 or 4. What about the Taurus makes you want to trade up? or feel that something else IS a trade up? Have you had reliability issues?

There are lots of other choices. Go try them. Find what works for you. Think about what you DON"T like about the taurus that makes you want to upgrade.

Top Bottom