• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Are there any laws that prohibit me from selling a firearm to a resident in Chicago Illinois? He tells me some of the prices there locally are going up and is considering buying from an individual in Indiana. I know some of you guys and gals are very knowledgeable, so you were the first ones I thought of.
    Thanks in advance.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    No there is nothing to prohibit you from selling it to him, however, because he is not a resident of Indiana you must transfer it to him through an FFL in Illinois, an he must abide by all Illinois laws.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    IN Code allows you to transfer ownership of a handgun to an individual without an NICS check IF both parties hold IN LTCH. I doubt the man in Chi holds a valid IN LTCH. The cite is IC 35-47-2.5-1.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    IN Code allows you to transfer ownership of a handgun to an individual without an NICS check IF both parties hold IN LTCH. I doubt the man in Chi holds a valid IN LTCH. The cite is IC 35-47-2.5-1.

Both parties do not have to hold a IN LTCH correct me if I'm wrong thats for Indiana residents, but if your selling to someone in Illinois you just have to transfer through a FFL.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are there any laws that prohibit me from selling a firearm to a resident in Chicago Illinois?

Potentially.

Is your friend disqualified under federal or Illinois law (felony, domestic violence conviction, under indictment or information, inter alia)? If so, then yes.

If he is qualified, then you must execute the transfer via a FFL. I.e., you cannot drive up there and give it to him, ship it to the FFL and then the FFL with have your buddy fill out the 4473 (which stops crime) and pass the NICS check and do the dozen other things that Chicago now requires.

Have your people get with his people and then have your people call my people and then let's do lunch, and then let's re-schedule lunch three times and then just end up going to Jimmy John's.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey Kirk, how many cases are ya up to?

Ummm, for 2010 I lost count at seventeen freight cars full.

Here's the train full of ammo that rhino bought me just for 2008 pulling into Lafayette:

ry%3D400

You know all those magazines that Crane has? Well, I need to rent a few just to store the .45 that rhino owes me.

Gun school ammo for all!!!:cool:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Federal law would apply to interstate transfer. LTCH holder or not, if he's a resident of IL and the seller IN and sells without going through an FFL, he's eligible for a 5 year all expenses trip to Club Fed.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Potentially.

Is your friend disqualified under federal or Illinois law (felony, domestic violence conviction, under indictment or information, inter alia)? If so, then yes.

If he is qualified, then you must execute the transfer via a FFL. I.e., you cannot drive up there and give it to him, ship it to the FFL and then the FFL with have your buddy fill out the 4473 (which stops crime) and pass the NICS check and do the dozen other things that Chicago now requires.

Have your people get with his people and then have your people call my people and then let's do lunch, and then let's re-schedule lunch three times and then just end up going to Jimmy John's.:D
    My people will be in touch:D

Top Bottom