• ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I am sitting on the fence about this.

1. Do I sell a Diamondback AR and a Stag Arms AR then use the money to buy a Daniel Defense AR?

2. Do I Keep both and add upgrades as necessary?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Does one of the two serve a different purpose than the other (i.e. One is a lightweight 16" with a red dot and the other a SPR with a 2-10x. Scope)? If so, I'd say save/upgrade later.

If there both serving the same purpose, I'd personally think about it differently. You can swap BCGs, barrels, rails, etc, etc, etc.... And make either of those uses nice as a DD. Put a spreadsheet together and see what makes the most sense. Maybe selling both makes the most sense. Maybe selling the upper off of the stag and buying a dd upper makes the most sense. You won't know until you lay it all out there.

But one things for sure.....you're going to take a hit selling those rifles. Take that into account.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hmm. When i a younger Soldier and intoxicated i always believed it was quantity over quality......Oh we're talking about firearms....Yes quality....

I had a buddy that thought like in college. He was never picky about what he did with his gun.....oh I'm not talking about firearms. :( Herpes is not funny.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    The past few years I've been on a quality kick. My collection is noticeably smaller than it once was. But everything I have now is quality and exactly the way I want it. For the most part, I no longer keep a gun if it doesn't have a purpose. With the exception of a few sentimental ones. But thats just my opinion.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The past few years I've been on a quality kick. My collection is noticeably smaller than it once was. But everything I have now is quality and exactly the way I want it. For the most part, I no longer keep a gun if it doesn't have a purpose. With the exception of a few sentimental ones. But thats just my opinion.

I have gotten to be the same way. This past year has been a sell and trade fest. I even got rid of sentimental stuff passing them to other family. It was a great move and am pleased to say the least.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I recently last year sold three to get one. Haven't regretted it and don't see myself regretting it. Definitely quality over quantity. That's where my whole collection is headed, that's the plan at least.....

BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    I have sold full rifles/pistols to fund high level optics and Custom Precision Rifles, etc...quality over quantity = more value and more use. Too many guns equal to little use of the ones you already have.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I've been thinning my herd also and replacing them with quality stuff that I will use. I've been debating moving my glock 19 rtf2 and glock 17 to fund a BCM rifle. So far I haven't had any regret. I used to have a boat load of pistols, but I'm down to 5 or so, and really only shoot one to stay proficient.

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    I hate, with emphasis on hate, selling guns. But I did sell 2 so tht I could pick up a quality rifle. I made a bunch in profit so I definitely didn't lose out but I do find myself regretting the sale day in and day out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom