• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a mini-14 with a Choate folding stock, all black that I bought 15 years ago private sale. Should I sell it and get another Spikes AR. or keep it. Options please. Thanks.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Do you know how to ...

... reload .22 rounds? I didn't think so. If you like it, keep it. "Don't EVER SELL one gun to buy another." DON'T EVER SELL ONE GUN TO BUY ANOTHER! AR- types are a dime-a-dozen, or from $400 up. Your Mini- fills a niche that no other gun can fill. KEEP IT. (How much are you asking?) EBG

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Do what ever you wanna do. Personally I don't like Mini 14s so I'd sell it and get something else. YMMV ;)

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    I agree keep the mini. My mini will fire every time. Doesn't matter if it is dirty or crap ammo! It's not as accurate as my AR, but its a reliable rifle. The best way to acquire a nice AR is to build one. That way the cost is spread out.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Alright the mini is not a junk rifle, looks great plus its 2.5 inches shorter than my AR when the stock is folded, you have to love that! Since I don't have to have another AR maybe it would be fun to build one and like you say the cost would be spread out.:ingo:

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    The mini is a cool gun, but if you want an AR more then get one. Your mini should sell for a good price. Take the money and build a AR. I like the AR better, but that is only my opinion. Either rifle is a good one to have.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ya want cool factor, good accuracy, AR mags and short package..........

FN_FNC.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want an AR, get one. If you have to sell the mini to get one, then go ahead... But one note.

Don't cheap out if you decide to sell the mini to fund an AR, or you will miss the mini. If you end up with a good basic AR, like the colt 6920, you'll be very happy about the switch.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    With the recent reintroduction of factory 20 rounders, I see no real reason to ditch the Mini. I will not say that a Mini is better than an AR, it's not. But it's a quality rifle that serves it's purpose: Defending, feeding and entertaining the Ranch.

Yeah, accuracy nuts will poop on the Mini. Cryotreat the receiver and barrel, get an adjustable gas plug and get plenty of reliable mags, you are set with the Mini. Yes, you can get a lower end AR for that amount when it's all said and done, but to me, the Mini feels better, handles better, feels more "handy". But that's all preference. Both rifle forms will serve most purposes, but it's up to you what YOU want.

I like to put a bit of work into a rifle, call it my own and shoot away. Some folks like to piece an AR together and run with it.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I have a mini 14 and was thinking of selling it to buy or build my first AR. I instead decided to keep it and build an AR so I just bought a stripped lower yesterday. Keep the mini. They are cool and super reliable.

Top Bottom