• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Where do you guys buy your SD rounds? Internet? LGS? Gander Mountain-type store?

I am currently looking to get 124 gr. 9mm Speer Gold Dots, but I am just curious as to where you guys go for your SD rounds.

Thanks.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wherever I can find them. Local gunstore, cabelas when not on backorder. Currently looking for hornady critical defense in .380 I think I got a better chance hitting the powerball though. Might just have to wait till 1500

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    LGS is the way to go on this. I have bought at Gander on occasion when I needed more RFN, but I always feel bad about it afterwards. Besides at this point I can walk in and just say the caliber I need and he pulls up my brand, kind of like when I go to certain gas stations and say I need smokes.

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    I don't know for sure but Bradis on the southwest side of indy had them last weekend I bought some Hornaday Critical Defense 40 s&w for 20 bucks thats pretty good. I say support your local shops the more they sale the better the price gets for all of us.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    whats LGS? I have bought from Cheaper than dirt several times, but shipping is high.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I go to Pennsylvania a couple of times a month for work. I found a little hole-in-the wall shop outside of Pittsburgh that has good prices. Last time I was there I bought:

2 boxes Hornady Critical Defense 9mm $17.50 ea

2 boxes Speer Gold Dot 380 $19.75 ea

2 boxes Winchester Bonded .40 $19 ea

2 boxes Winchester Bonded .45 $19 ea

2 boxes 50 rounds Blazer .45 $16 ea

1 box Winchester 45 acp 230 gr SXT personal protection $17.05

I'm going back out in a couple of weeks and taking more money this time.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    PSS...Bob has almost anything you might need in nearly every manufacturer, weight combo available.

OR...Double Tap makes good JHP ammo for good prices in the 50 round boxes.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For SD, I shop at the LGS (local gun shop). I typically buy from The Outdoorsman, Bradis, Elmore's and PSS depending on where I'm at and what I need. None of these guys jacked prices when ammo was short (unlike Gander) and I really like having local gun shops around, so I try to give them whatever business I can. I've looked at the online vendors, but when you add the cost of shipping, it's rarely a great deal over what I can find locally.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I usually buy in bulk from the sportsmans guide sportsmansguide.com. Ironically small orders are on a long backorder for handgun ammo but large orders 1,000 rds or more are due to be in around the end of March. I have purchased a lot of Wolf ammo for target practice and never had a problem. They have some ammo (9mm) from pakistan for $160 for a 1,000 rds. Thinking about trying a few to see how it does.

Top Bottom