motivatora017faaf788d31.jpg

TDs71.jpg

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Yep, I saw the fanny pack and that is exactly what my first thought was. He had to have been carrying. I wish I knew what it was about. Too bad the ghetto camera girl took his bag.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Observation:

The older man takes off his sun glasses when he encounters fight or flight stimulus knowing that it is advantageous to him to have full range of vision during a possible fight. Retreats but runs his mouth (oops) and gets the first punch.

The younger man puts on his glasses to look like a bad arse/hardcase and follows the older man.. retreats... returns and throws the first punch. Old man pushes his black out button quick and then 'ur leakin' ' ensues.

What's the lesson all of us should learn from this?

1. Don't underestimate older folks... respect your elders!
    2. Learn from your mistakes... saving face against someone who is garbage sometimes means not fighting them. Let their foolishness be evident to the crowd.
    3. Don't steal while the camera is still running and brag about turning in fighting evidence to the police.

Call me weak, but I'm still longin' for the nonexistent utopia.

How many of you have been in fights before? I've been in more than what I like to admit. Never really one as an adult because I had a great role model at our church to teach me how to act like a gentleman and solve problems with more than knuckles and kicks. Winning a fight on the street doesn't feel good, at least to me. It makes you (me?) feel like garbage after about 3 seconds of an endorphin rush high.

Psychological damage occurs to to both sides of parties in the fight. Winners can become jaded with humanity, losers mull over their worth as a man/human as they relive their loss over and over in their head.

That being said, the young one had it comin' but I'd be MY shiny nickle that he wont learn from this mistake.

It seems like in more pure times, when a fight was over, it was over. Now people want revenge and cold blooded retaliation.

Just as a caveat, I think fights should almost always be avoided when necessary. I've swallowed my pride and let the 'man on the street' appear to be the bigger dog for two reasons in my life. One was when I started carrying a gun. Two was after my health had declined greatly. Maybe it is an evolutionary/survival mode for me but I'm not risking a fight if I can help it. Even if I am in the right, I have my wife to think of and I can't support her if I am in jail.

Another caveat... just because you shouldn't fight, doesn't mean that you wont be put into a situation where it is your only option. I am a logical and realistic person. Learn to fight, train to fight and expect the worst. Even with my limitations, I know that the scenarios I have played in my head and at the range are helping me prepare for the worst. Fists, firearms and knives are all tools. Use them well. :twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Great post TWB.

I have not been in a fight since I was a sophomore in high school. There was a senior that was constantly bullying people younger and smaller than him(tough guy). Well, there was a period of time when he decided to single me out. This went on for awhile and I kept telling him he doesn't want to fight(in hindsight, I should have said I don't want to fight, but oh well). Finally, the inevitable happened and we saw each other out in public. I tried to get him to let it go, but he didn't want to. He was everything but right in my face and so I decided I'd had enough and sent a couple of snide comments his way(to get him to throw first). Well, he did and then I beat him up pretty badly; in front of all of his friends.

It felt great...For about a day or two.

I can't say one way or the other if it would have felt better for longer, but I got the "I'm an ***hole" feeling the second he came up to me and apologized.

The only good that came out of all of that is he actually did learn his lesson and I didn't see him picking on anyone anymore.

The year after that, I was bigger than everyone, so people trying to start fights with me was never an issue and since I've never initiated a fight, that was the end of that.

I agree with you though, I bet that thug didn't learn his lesson one bit, but either way it was nice to see him get his *** kicked.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Here is another vid that was shot after the fact. I think the old guy was having a little breakdown towards the end.

NSFW Language!

If you keep reading through the comments, it appears that the older man has mental health issues and is well known around town. Supposedly he has hurt others.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you keep reading through the comments, it appears that the older man has mental health issues and is well known around town. Supposedly he has hurt others.

That's still no reason to give the man a hard time. That's no reason to start a fight with him and steal his stuff and agg him on. :n00b:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Looks like 4chan got another one...They must have listed her name and address and forced her to apologize.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbsX5j-8T3Y]YouTube - THE DAY AFTER THE WORLD SAW AC TRANSIT BUC FIGHT I AM A ************ l & ll[/ame]

Seems sincere to me.:rolleyes:

Comments like "beat his white ***" and "go through his bag" really make her seem like an innocent bystander.

Top Bottom