• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I live in Elwood and my wife recently took a new job that could at times be dangerous. Carrying a firearm at this job is not an option. We have been discussing her finding a good self defense class that focus's on women in the Elwood-Pendleton area. She would like to find something to help get her confidence up and of course teach her how to hold her own if the need should ever arise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I live in Elwood and my wife recently took a new job that could at times be dangerous. Carrying a firearm at this job is not an option. We have been discussing her finding a good self defense class that focus's on women in the Elwood-Pendleton area. She would like to find something to help get her confidence up and of course teach her how to hold her own if the need should ever arise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know this is a bit of a drive and may not be an option, but I'll throw it out anyway just in case.

Gentry Martial Arts is holding a FAST self defense class for beginners this Saturday.

Gentry Martial Arts - Students Main Page - Be More, Be Gentry

I think the cost is $40 (may be wrong) my wife and daughter are both taking it.

It's an adult class, mainly geared toward women, but I don't think it's exclusive. The instructor is my daughters Tae Kwon Do master.

TheAutomator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Mindset Lab has had many female students go through the intro and scenarios classes. There are a fair number of AARs written up about the classes in the 'Tactics and Training' section, as well as the Mindset Lab forum here on INGO. They're downtown Indianapolis, but that's not a long haul from Pendleton (I lived there most of my life).

There's an Intro class on Saturday that I believe still has a spot or two open.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Since a firearm isn't an option a flashlight is a must have. Mindset Labs has a flashlight combative class that is exactly what you're looking for. I've taken the class with my wife and it was fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I run a Women's Self Defense workshop once a month in Fishers. I also do on-site training for groups. My website is www.circlecitysafety.com. I do hands-on, FOF-type training scenarios.

I don't know if Fishers is too far or not, but if you visit my site and are interested in signing up for the class, I'd be happy to extend and INGO discount for your wife.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I will have her check into all of the suggestions posted so far. She has been a stay at home mom for the last 5 years and jumped back into what is really a pretty tough job for a female but it is something she has always wanted to do. Thank you all for the suggestions. I will have her look over all of them and any more that you give when we get home from work.

I do really like the idea of the flashlight training since she is allowed to carry a flashlight. I really expect to have to spend a good amount of money but a good self defense flashlight is something I have been thinking about getting for her.

Top Bottom