• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I'd love to see an article without some kind of "SJW trigger word" (in this case, "xenophobia"). I tire of the constant assault.
    Highly unlikely, they keep adding new "trigger words" every day.

Wait, are we getting triggered by the use of the term "trigger word!?" :tinfoil:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Highly unlikely, they keep adding new "trigger words" every day.

Wait, are we getting triggered by the use of the term "trigger word!?" :tinfoil:

"Trigger word" triggers my annoyance. Is that close enough?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hah! When I used to fly and I could still do math, I sometimes worked on stuff on planes. Maybe my graph paper put the other passengers at ease.

Remember kids: the Navier-Stokes Equations are clearly evidence of intent to commit terrorist attacks!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Differential Equations connected everything else for me. I really enjoyed the class.

I did too when I took it over again. A physics professor provided the ground work in a sophomore physics class that provided the needed "Ah-Haaa!" Moment. I aced it the next time. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did too when I took it over again. A physics professor provided the ground work in a sophomore physics class that provided the needed "Ah-Haaa!" Moment. I aced it the next time. :D

I didn't really understand Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors until I had an advanced engineering analysis class in grad school. Light bulb!

Math is hard.
    It's even harder when you're stupid.

Too bad it's necessary.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I didn't really understand Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors until I had an advanced engineering analysis class in grad school. Light bulb!

I think I understood them once. But I don't think I've even seen those terms used in a sentence since that final exam until now. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I understood them once. But I don't think I've even seen those terms used in a sentence since that final exam until now. :D

Hahah! Yeah, I only know the words now. I'd need weeks and some good books to work any problems, if it's even possible for me to recapture it. Meh. All I remember now is that they're essentially guesses for solutions to systems of ordinary differential equations, which have an infinite number of solutions. I could be wrong!

I think I had trouble initially because I was weak at linear algebra. I know some engineering, physics, and math programs require a course in linear algebra either before or concurrent with Diff Eq, but my program snuck the linear algebra stuff into the two terms of Diff Eq. My foundation was weak, so the building was weaker.

Oh, how the mighty who once studied fluid dynamics and heat transfer have fallen . . .

I can barely do simple Calculus now. The physics I taught at Ivy Tech for years was not calculus-based, so I didn't get any mental exercise even from that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The physics I taught at Ivy Tech for years was not calculus-based, so I didn't get any mental exercise even from that.

Tell them the REAL reason you stopped teaching at Ivy Tech. That you were in awe, awe, a certain noble Englishman striding confidently on his way to his office.

In awe I say!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Tell them the REAL reason you stopped teaching at Ivy Tech. That you were in awe, awe, a certain noble Englishman striding confidently on his way to his office.

In awe I say!

Well, that too.

I don't think there are any classes at Renaissance Center anymore, though.

And maybe it had a little to do with me losing 60%+ of my hours due to Obamacare, but mostly because of my awe.

I use a calculator to do my time card...

Who doesn't? Arithmetic ain't easy.

Top Bottom