• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    I'm having a heck of a time finding the right security camera for my application. Anyone on here knowledgeable on this subject? I already have a laptop that I will connect it to. (So I'll need software as-well) It will be indoors. I would rather have it wired as opposed to wireless. I don't think I need the "night vision" option and I don't want a microphone. I wan't to face it out of a window to overlook my driveway. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    carfull pointing out a window.
    i have done this before. it is much easier (atleast for night time use) if it is outside. i know you dont want night vision, but if your watching your driveway i would strongly recomend reconsidering.

i do not know why you are looking, but i have the feeling its to catch someone either giving you issues now or you just want to keep an eye out. i would recomend getting one with the night vision (also widens your selection a great bit)

back to why i say its hard inside. if the lens is not mounted right up against the glass it will pick up glare and bounce it back into the camera lens making it pointless to see whats going on.

as others have said, Fry's is a good place to look as they have many many cameras and dvr's and programs to run it on a pc.

Top Bottom