Secret IRS policy hides identity theft from victims.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I searched and couldn't find anything else about this, so hopefully it's not a dupe. Surprised that it wasn't posted here, and that it doesn't seem to be getting any traction as a national story either. Story blown out of proportion, or do we just expect this from the IRS now days?

Secret IRS policy hides identity theft from victims - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

"We are not supposed to do anything." said a whistleblower. "We are not allowed to say anything."
    Findings of the 13 Investigates report include:

• The IRS accepts millions of tax returns – and issues tax refunds – even when taxpayer documents show clear warning signs of identity theft
    • Confidential IRS policies instruct IRS employees not to tell taxpayers when someone else uses their social security number to earn income
    • The IRS allows illegal immigrants to "borrow" social security numbers that do not legally belong to them
    • The IRS is discontinuing a program to notify taxpayers when their social security number is used by someone else to gain employment

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    "I made a mistake on my tax return, I forgot to include X amount of tips" - criminal investigation, fines, lean on property, etc.

"I want to register for tax-exempt status for an apparent right leaning group" - illegal request of documents, improper scrutiny of materials, information leaked to political rivals

"I stole someone else's identity to file my taxes because I am in the country illegally"
    - totally cool bro

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I went threw identity thief of my late wife's last tax check. They said my wife has to fill out this paper and that paper. I said she's dead. I was accused of trying to be fraudulent. At least twice I sent copy's of her death certificate and last will and testament. They said I had to send in a change of address form so the paper work would go to the the right place(crook changed it). So I did and they sent the form back saying I needed the previous address (the crooks address) I said I don't have it, you won't give the guys address to me. At that point I might have got in the car and went and beat some ass.

I got ran around so bad that I just gave up. I got way overly up set about it. After 3 years they finally figured out the error and paid the refund.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I went threw identity thief of my late wife's last tax check. They said my wife has to fill out this paper and that paper. I said she's dead. I was accused of trying to be fraudulent. At least twice I sent copy's of her death certificate and last will and testament. They said I had to send in a change of address form so the paper work would go to the the right place(crook changed it). So I did and they sent the form back saying I needed the previous address (the crooks address) I said I don't have it, you won't give the guys address to me. At that point I might have got in the car and went and beat some ass.

I got ran around so bad that I just gave up. I got way overly up set about it. After 3 years they finally figured out the error and paid the refund.

Dont you just love ginormous orgs that cant get out of their own way? LSS: I discovered my house was connected to a neighbor a block away's phone line. When I called them and I pointed out I was standing in my basement talking to them on the phone line installed a block away, they still wouldnt dispatch because I wasnt on the bill to authorize potential charges "in case it turns out the problem is inside wiring and not covered by the free repair". :faint:

I literally called the supervisor an idiot after I laughed at her after pointed out it was impossible to be an inside wiring fault, and she still wouldnt relent. I too gave up. It wasnt worth it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This is all motivated by the agenda to do nothing whatsoever to inconvenience illegal aliens hijacking Social Security numbers.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "I made a mistake on my tax return, I forgot to include X amount of tips" - criminal investigation, fines, lean on property, etc.

"I want to register for tax-exempt status for an apparent right leaning group" - illegal request of documents, improper scrutiny of materials, information leaked to political rivals

"I stole someone else's identity to file my taxes because I am in the country illegally"
    - totally cool bro

It makes perfect sense. If they identify the error, the IRS is getting clean profit for anything paid in under the number that you did not earn, which is not subject to refund, so they are essentially implementing an unlegislated tax on illegal immigration which, assuming that the money goes there, can help artificially shore up Social Security.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It makes perfect sense. If they identify the error, the IRS is getting clean profit for anything paid in under the number that you did not earn, which is not subject to refund, so they are essentially implementing an unlegislated tax on illegal immigration which, assuming that the money goes there, can help artificially shore up Social Security.
    As the victim of IRS identity theft, I don't think that's how it really works. What happens is they report income in an amount where they will get the earned income credit or similar credits beyond the tax liability that would have been imposed. This is reported as 1099 income, so nothing has been withheld and the IRS has gotten no monies.

At the end of the day the IRS is only interested in going after famous high-profile people, so they ignore the billions of dollars in fraudulent refunds.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As the victim of IRS identity theft, I don't think that's how it really works. What happens is they report income in an amount where they will get the earned income credit or similar credits beyond the tax liability that would have been imposed. This is reported as 1099 income, so nothing has been withheld and the IRS has gotten no monies.

At the end of the day the IRS is only interested in going after famous high-profile people, so they ignore the billions of dollars in fraudulent refunds.

This

It cost the irs more in terms of time and money to try and go fter each fradulent return that does this vs going after the millioners return where they know they can get monwy from.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom