• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    we seem to forget that they are wild animals when they do tricks in front of us!!

Making a Sea World trainer disappear is a heck of a trick. :joke:

Seriously, though. The victim was an experienced trainer who had been working with killer whales at Sea World for the past 10 years. An eyewitness describes the whales as appearing "agitated" prior to the show. I'm curious to know the animal's history (past incidents of aggression?), and if there's any inkling as to what might have set it off.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    Seriously, though. The victim was an experienced trainer who had been working with killer whales at Sea World for the past 10 years. An eyewitness describes the whales as appearing "agitated" prior to the show. I'm curious to know the animal's history (past incidents of aggression?), and if there's any inkling as to what might have set it off.

In 1991, the same orca, "along with two female (killer) whales, drowned a young part-time trainer named Keltie Byrne at Sealand of the Pacific in Canada," the Humane Society stated.
    Tillikum was later shipped to SeaWorld Orlando, the Humane Society noted, and in 1999, "a man who had apparently stayed in the park after closing hours jumped into Tillikum's tank ... He was found dead the next morning, naked and draped across the whale. The man's swim trunks were found in the water, and his body was scraped up, a sign that Tillikum had dragged him around the bottom and sides of the tank.":n00b:

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    I grew up in the Northwest and have had the privilege of seeing the two pods that live in the Puget Sound up close. They are amazing creatures in the wild. Watching them swim in the Sound makes me wonder how they can keep their sanity in the relatively tiny enclosers at Sea World. I am surprised more of them don't snap from the stress of living for such a long time in such a contained environment.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    In a related story, President Obama issued an Executive Order today immediately banning Killer Whales. Among other things, their "scary black color" is intimidating and makes people uncomfortable.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    In a related story, President Obama issued an Executive Order today immediately banning Killer Whales. Among other things, their "scary black color" is intimidating and makes people uncomfortable.

ohhh i have may things about the color similarities between obama and assault weapons but it would be considered racist. but if he wants to ban assault weapons and black whales... well you know where this is going.

Last edited:

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    Why was that thing even doing shows for? The article said this is the THIRD time its been involved in a human death! It should have been put down after the first one.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anyone else see a recent documentary on dolphin hunting in japan? My wife rented it the other day. It has the guy from the show flipper in it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why was that thing even doing shows for? The article said this is the THIRD time its been involved in a human death! It should have been put down after the first one.

Jack Hanna was on MSNBC tonight defending their decision to not retire it before now...He was saying one of the deaths couldn't be proven and the time the guy sneaked in, it was his fault. I agree that it was his fault, but if an animal of that size kills a human, no one else should ever be in a tank with it again...You don't see dogs getting 2-3 chances.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom