• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I understand that side of things, please don't get me wrong. That's why I suggested $2. Even just a $1 per person, if they can. I hate to see the same people donating so much all the time. I'm sure those that do that (and bring "big ticket" food items to share) have no problems being so generous and are financially able to do so. Other wise they wouldn't, of course.
    After all, it is a FREE range that the attendees of our meet and shoots cause a lot of wear on the facilities of. $1 or two a month to come and help destroy some wooden backstops isn't out of line or too much to ask, I think. I'm not suggesting that those that can donate more stop doing so, either. I'm certainly not suggesting that the $1 be enforced, either.
    I dunno. Maybe I think this way because I'm young-ish.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    How about we have some "funner" targets for the rifle competition... and screw the money aspect of it.

I think T's idea of $2 per person would work.

I mentioned that in another thread.

koala3.jpg

:D :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe I think this way because I'm young-ish.

No its because you think like a "chicagoian" and want to impose taxes period. :D

It would work, but the bigger question is, is it needed? I don't think it is.

While we have ~$95 it is not all that much. We go through about ~$55 - $57 per month in plywood alone (6 sheets). So we tend to bring enough donations in per month to buy next months plywood. The brooms/dust pan is a once a year donation that will run us about ~$25-35 so we are actually very close to using all the funds for plywood and the brooms/dustpans.

Pushing off buying those brooms/dust until end of summer.

@the lurkers, new comers what do you think?
    We have heard from the old timers and most are of the "no" camp and that is fine. I want to hear from the new-comers as well. You can PM me if you don't want to post here.

However from what I am hearing/reading so far the "roman mob" does not want this and thus it's getting close to getting pushed off the clif.

We are all set on the "prizes" for the pistol/rifle comp thanks to INGO gear shop donations and I still have some other items that are still in the gift bag.

So the 50/50 is not needed and if it falls off the cliff oh well we will blame hum... hum... KLB for it. Y KLB? Well cause that is who got picked to get blamed! :D

-Jedi

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm new, and haven't donated plywood. But, now that I've determined these are fun, and not surrounded by lunatics, I can kick in a couple sheets each time.
    I just haven't figured if I can make this one. Work mids that weekend. That would make Sat night/Sun morn shift reallllly long.

Boiler1529

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I haven't made one yet but definately will as soon as my schedule allows. My 2 cents would be to keep as is. I would definately donate if I attended. My thoughts if the funds go in the red then re-evaluate and make changes.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm not a new comer, but I'm gonna put my foot in the mix, for the good of the whole meet and shoot concept that Jedi has done a awesome job of putting together for us. I don't think we need to bring the root of all evil into our great event with the competitions and a payment to enter into one. These were setup to be more of a gag shoot to add to the fun we were already enjoying at these events. The event is a great place to meet like minded people who enjoy shooting firearms. It's great that we have a place to hold these and are able to cook out and chat and be at the side of a live firing range and share our knowledge and firearms with each other in such a way. The competition is for fun, keep it fun... enjoy the friendships we are gaining from the meet as a great day on a range....

As for donations for the range, we aren't required to do this, although the RO isn't required to allow us to setup a picnic and take over the 25 yard range either... These are get togethers that will have to be continued the way we have done it for a long time now. If there isn't enough donations to supply the wood for the range then there must not be enough interest in coming to the event. We should leave this aspect to the way it is now, take in the donations and if we fall short let it be known that we are having a problem with obtaining the materials on the thread.... if none of us can find it in our hearts to donate what is needed, then we will have to play by the normal rules of the range until someone can... That is my .02 cents worth.... Lets keep it fun and hope for the best.....

Jimmy0315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im in as usual. Plus one. Guns are undecided at this time but nothing special. I do know we will be doing skeet. We have a thrower and some clays but u may want to bring a box. They went fast last time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Im in as usual. Plus one. Guns are undecided at this time but nothing special. I do know we will be doing skeet. We have a thrower and some clays but u may want to bring a box. They went fast last time.

List updated. Will you be bringing the "green stuff" this time around? Have not tried it but it sounds yummy!

@All
    The 50/50 will be a :nono: for this go around. Looks like we will toss that idea back into the "idea bag" along with the 2011 "el president target drill" and the 2010 "rifle training" and see if they ever come back out. :wisthle: Don't hold your breath. ;)

So now back to the who is comimg, what you bringing and request.
    Still looking to shoot:
    - XDm in .45
    - Sub 2000 with GLOCK :puke: magazine!
    - M44 Mosin (I think one is coming)

-Jedi

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Love to shoot a Sub2000 that uses beretta mags sometime too.... Cause I've always got loaded beretta mags with....

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    List updated. Will you be bringing the "green stuff" this time around? Have not tried it but it sounds yummy!

@All
    The 50/50 will be a :nono: for this go around. Looks like we will toss that idea back into the "idea bag" along with the 2011 "el president target drill" and the 2010 "rifle training" and see if they ever come back out. :wisthle: Don't hold your breath. ;)

So now back to the who is comimg, what you bringing and request.
    Still looking to shoot:
    - XDm in .45
    - Sub 2000 with GLOCK :puke: magazine!
    - M44 Mosin (I think one is coming)

-Jedi

Jedi, I have a Mosin, not the M44, but still a nice one. I will be sure to let you fire it if you would like

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I will be attending with a plus one (My father is coming again), working on trying to get a couple others to attend as well. As of right now, the fire arms are as follows
    Rifles
    SCAR with EO Tech and surefire foregrip (5.56mm or .223) (bring ammo)
    AR 15 Bushmaster with Aimpoint and 5x magnifier (5.56mm or .223) (bring ammo)
    AK 47 Hungarian 7.62x39 (bring ammo)
    M1 Garand 30'06 (bring ammo)
    Model 70, Winchester, with 3-9 scope, 30'06 (bring ammo)
    M39 Mosin 7.62x54 (bring ammo)
    Pistols
    Walter PPK/S .380, (bring ammo)
    Browning Hi Power Mark III 9mm (bring ammo)
    M11, SIG P228, with laser grip, 9mm (bring ammo)
    M9, Beretta, 9mm (bring ammo)
    Kimber TLE/RL II (1911) with laser grip, .45 (bring ammo)
    As for food and other items, will be grabbing some snacks, or if we need something else, I dont mind grabbing something else. My brother Actaeon277 might be coming. Still trying to convince him.
    Also will be bringing a table and canopy again, the netted in one that we had last time.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I keep telling my fiance that I will be shooting on the 20th. Will see if it happens. If it does, I will be competing in the handgun competition in true NWI fashion, with my Hi-Point in 45acp.

I should be bringing my RR Middy ar, marlin 795, maybe my 11-87, and beautiful :lala: glock 22 w/ lwd 9mm barrel as well. I don't have much ammo for anything right now. I do have some 7.62x54r though.

P.S. I liked the 50/50.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Here's what I have. Asterisk means I will or may bring it if I come.

Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Mosin Nagant M44**
    Stag Arms 15**
    GP WASR 10/63 underfolder**
    Remington 870 rifled barrel/Shurshot stock/Nikon Slughunter scope*
    Remington 11-87 Speedfeed stock* If I have an 18 or 21 inch barrel by then
    Glock 27*
    HK USP40 tlr1 light**
    Nagant Revolver**
    Ruger Super Redhawk**

Making a change, 2 asterisks(**) means it's definitely coming

Assuming I do, of course.