• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When you were a kid, what was your dream job?

When I was 7, Star Wars had just been released. From that point on, my dream job was X-Wing fighter pilot.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    When President Kennedy's funeral was on tv, I was seven at the time, I can remember watching the Honor Guard and thinking how neat they were and how impressed I was and I wanted to do that in the military when I grew up, the other thing was being a police officer.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I wanted to be one of the mountain trappers like in the Janice Holt Giles books. Second choice would have been King of the World.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wanted to be a teacher all the way up through high school. Then I found out how much they made. Now I have my own little computer business doing computer stuff. Probably make a little more money than a teacher but don't have my summers off. Except that I do work from home so maybe it's a wash.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    When I was five, after watching Reading Rainbow, I wanted to be a paleontologist.

In second grade, we had to write a paragraph about what we wanted to be when we grew up. I chose "veterinarian" because animals need a lot of care and attention. I knew that because we had a cat and had to feed her almost every week! That's a lot of work! (My mom still has the paper.)

In high school, I wanted to be the head photographer for the National Geographic. That one carried me all the way through two years of college, when I discovered computers. :) Even the movie Arachnophobia didn't scare me off the ambition. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry I was old enough at that point that the girls were more important. I watched it probably 10 times, a couple of them at the Kokomo South Drive-In with the future Mrs.:cheers:

Well, in all fairness, the question was "What did you want to be when you were a kid", not "what career did you decide on when you were in high school".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Joking aside, I wanted to be an oceanographer. I was fascinated by everything under the sea and watched ever Jacques Cousteau special that aired with rapt attention. I loved the old tv series "Primus" and any other show that had undersea scenes and scuba diving. I read everything I could about it and I still have some of Cousteau's books (probably first editions).

So what happened?

1. I realized I would have to live near the ocean, and I'm a middle of dry land kind of guy.

2. I realized that I'd have to get in the water with large predators that could and would eat me. So-called experts claims sharks aren't that much of a threat, but what self-respecting shark could pass by me without taking at least a nibble? I'd be like a mobile marine smorgasbord in neoprene to them!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    2. I realized that I'd have to get in the water with large predators that could and would eat me. So-called experts claims sharks aren't that much of a threat, but what self-respecting shark could pass by me without taking at least a nibble? I'd be like a mobile marine smorgasbord in neoprene to them!

You should always have a nurse shark with you in case of shark attack.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Mom was a teacher, Dad was a coal miner

I wanted to be a wizard..........I could still do a much better job than the guy from the Alltel commercials.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I always wanted to design cars or be a Marine. Instead, im going to school for engineering and then law school..:dunno:

Top Bottom