• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The man's arrogance knows no boundaries. He's seeking to go after the co-founder of FaceBook, who's decided to give up his US citizenship so he won't be raped to the tune of over $65 million dollars. His choice. So, Schumer, in his usual vampiric manner has decided to go after Mr. Saverin and hold him up at gun point, among other things. I'm pretty sure the Constitution is pretty clear on this.

U.S. Constitution: Article I

Clause 3. No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed .

As usual, Mr. Schumer doesn't let a little thing like the Constitution get in the way of his ire. In his world all money belongs to the state.

Senators to Unveil the ‘Ex-Patriot Act’ to Respond to Facebook’s Saverin’s Tax ‘Scheme’ - ABC News

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Here's an idea Senator S***-4-Brains, stop running off wealthy investors with a tax code that punishes them for working hard and being successful.

Woohoo! That's 200!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I doubt this will ever get close to being passed.
    I wouldn't count on that. They passed a bill that penalises people leaving the country a couple of years ago and did it quite easily. Republicans have wealth envy, too and they certainly want to see their government gets its share of other peoples wealth. Add in the fact that they usually have a knee jerk response to anything like renouncing of citizenship and it certainly stands a chance of passing. Plus, republicans don't care any more about the Constitution than their dem buddies.

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Folks must have missed the memo.....

In the view of many congressmen today, the federal government can do almost anything!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1-eBz8hyoE[/ame]

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Hmmmm...even if congress passed the bill, senate signs it, and president authorizes it...

Since he has ALREADY renounced citizenship, although he wouldn't be allowed back in the country if passed, he could tell the gov't to shove it when the IRS comes calling.

It won't effect this guy one way or another unless the government illegally seizes his assets.

Unless they also want to add in to the bill something about taxing EVERY foreign national non-citizen for any money made in the US...

Oh wait, they already CAN do that. Doing it again for someone that renounces citizenship is a double-dipping measure, and I'm sure it'll be fought against and won in court.

So when are they gonna double tax George Soros for money he makes on the NYSE or NASDAQ?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    FWIW - Wikipedia says Saverinrenounced his citizenship in Sept. 2011 and has been a resident of Singapore for 2 yrs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The man's arrogance knows no boundaries. He's seeking to go after the co-founder of FaceBook, who's decided to give up his US citizenship so he won't be raped to the tune of over $65 million dollars. His choice. So, Schumer, in his usual vampiric manner has decided to go after Mr. Saverin and hold him up at gun point, among other things. I'm pretty sure the Constitution is pretty clear on this.

As usual, Mr. Schumer doesn't let a little thing like the Constitution get in the way of his ire. In his world all money belongs to the state.

Senators to Unveil the ‘Ex-Patriot Act’ to Respond to Facebook’s Saverin’s Tax ‘Scheme’ - ABC News

I have a better idea. Why don't we keep Saverin and strip Schumer of his citizenship and deport him?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Always thought Senator Chucky was a grandstanding idiot. Seems he hasn't gotten any smarter with age. How about the voters of NY electing someone else?

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So 1700 people renounced their US citizenship last year. That might be a good statistic to track, might make a good canary for this mine.

Top Bottom