• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Federal law requires a passenger to follow flight crew instructions.... PERIOD!

Schumer has a flight to forget

Sen. Chuck Schumer loves the sound of his own voice, but it carried a bit farther than he might have liked on the US Airways shuttle from New York to Washington on Sunday.

According to a House Republican aide who happened to be seated nearby, the notoriously chatty New York Democrat referred to a flight attendant as a “bit**” after she ordered him to turn off his phone before takeoff.

Schumer and his seatmate, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), were chatting on their phones before takeoff when an announcement indicated that it was time to turn off the phones.

Both senators kept talking.

According to the GOP aide, a flight attendant then approached Schumer and told him the entire plane was waiting on him to shut down his phone.

Schumer asked if he could finish his conversation. When the flight attendant said “no,” Schumer ended his call but continued to argue his case.

He said he was entitled to keep his phone on until the cabin door was closed. The flight attendant said he was obliged to turn it off whenever a flight attendant asked.

“He argued with her about the rule,” the source said. “She said she doesn’t make the rules, she just follows them.”

When the flight attendant walked away, the witness says Schumer turned to Gillibrand and uttered the B-word.

“The senator made an off-the-cuff comment under his breath that he shouldn’t have made, and he regrets it,” Schumer spokesman Brian Fallon told Shenanigans.

Ironically, Schumer has been a friend of US Airways flight attendants of late, lobbying company CEO Doug Park on their behalf after several of them asked the senator to help keep them based at LaGuardia.

Through her office, Gillibrand said Schumer was “polite” with the flight attendant Sunday and “turned off his phone when asked to.”

But moments after the flight attendant had told Schumer to shut it off, the phone rang again.

“It’s Harry Reid calling,” the source quoted Schumer as saying. “I guess health care will have to wait until we land.”

Yes senetor ***hat, it will! You are not above the rules. He failed to follow her instructions. His phone rang again after she gave her instructions.

On the aircraft I fly, a cell phone in the on position creates interference with pilot to pilot communications over our headsets and actualluy BLURS the LCD screens that our instruments are projected on. Don't ever let anybody tell you that having a cell phone on doesn't matter on an aircraft. IT DOES! While federal regs state THE CREW MAY ALLOW cell phones to remain on until the door closes, THE CREW decides when they get shut off any time before that. It's simple.... follow crew instructions or risk going to jail.... unless you're Chucky Schumer.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    She should have B-slapped him. :)
    monkey-slap.jpg

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Do any of you really think that our elected officials really care about anything, but themselves and keeping their party (either party) in power? If you do, you are sadly mistaken. Just look at health care. The vast majority of Americans just want those creeps, slimeballs, perverts, pedophiles, etc. to just back off and leave health care alone and try to fix only some of the current problems. They are hell bent for leather to shove something up our a$$e$ that they will have none of themselves. I am very concerned that congress will have something signed by the end of the year. Who actually knows what will be in this bill. They are composing the document behind closed doors and putting things in and taking things out several times a day. What Chuckie Shumer and many more senators want to do to us should be a criminal offense. I would bet that not many of you know that immigration reform is closely following right behind health care. I tool Spanish in high school and college and can probably pick it up again rather easily. I really hope that all of you out there can tolerate being bilingual. Congress only cares about us when they need our votes to put them into office. After that, we are just a herd of cattle to be used in any way that they please. What are we going to do about it?????

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Where is the NOW organization? Where are all the liberals screaming "Sexism"? Where are the calls for his resignation after he slandered half of his constituency?
    NOWHERE..... he's a liberal.... the rules do not apply to him:cool:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I found it interesting that NRA A rated, gun hater Gillibrand (D-NY) lied about the event, even after Schumer had 'fessed up. Typical of her sort.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Atleast Federal Law doesn't require me to get on a plane.

The best way to fight the BS that goes on in airports and on planes is to quit flying (funding) them .

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Northwest flight back from Vegas last week an attendent ordered my friend to shut his phone off. He promptly ended his call and turned the phone off and laid it on the seat between us. Mere moments later she blasted him telling him she told him to turn the phone off. He picked the phone up and opened it, to show her the dark screen, telling her he did. She strutted off without a word of acknowledgement. So ya you run into ________ flight attendents.Schmukie is still the ________ in this case!It has been over two years since I have flown NWA. Even with the merger with Delta, I am still less than impressed. I'll take the cattle cars of Southwest next time.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Atleast Federal Law doesn't require me to get on a plane.

The best way to fight the BS that goes on in airports and on planes is to quit flying (funding) them .

So you try to punish the airline industry who also has to follow federal law? It's not the airport or the airline. It's the FAA, FCC, TSA and XYZ... etc.

Believe me I have run into some very nice flight attendants and some growly ones. Just like every job, there are those that are meant for it and those that just have a job.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    So you try to punish the airline industry who also has to follow federal law? It's not the airport or the airline. It's the FAA, FCC, TSA and XYZ... etc.

Believe me I have run into some very nice flight attendants and some growly ones. Just like every job, there are those that are meant for it and those that just have a job.

If people refuse to fly, and the airlines start losing money and jobs, then that puts pressure on the Feds to change their ways. Same with ballgames and other functions.

As long as the slaves continue to obey, the masters will continue to abuse.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If people refuse to fly, and the airlines start losing money and jobs, then that puts pressure on the Feds to increase taxes and/or borrow more to bailout the airlines.

As long as the slaves continue to obey, the masters will continue to abuse.

FTFY

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In-flight confrontations can lead to terrorism charges - Los Angeles Times

"Freeman is one of at least 200 people on flights who have been convicted under the amended law. In most of the cases, there was no evidence that the passengers had attempted to hijack the airplane or physically attack any of the flight crew. Many have simply involved raised voices, foul language and drunken behavior."

Just another example of how the oligarchy is above the laws that they pass to control the serfs.:xmad:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom