• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    First off, I know next to nothing about knives but I normally carry one and use it (lightly) while working. I had several Gerbers but the pocket clip broke way too much. I then got a SOG Trident and it is OK but wanted something else.

I just got a Schrade OTF and so far I'm liking it. This is my first OTF knife and for the price it serves it's purpose. Does anyone else have this? Do I need to keep it lubed like a gun?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Schrades quality really varies anymore. That particular knife is interesting as it looks like an auto, but is assisted instead. The ergonomics of opening / closing it look a little awkward to me. How much play is there when the blade is extended?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    As far as oil, yes. The cleaner and well oiled you keep it, the better it will function. OTFs are notorious for being sensitive to grime. That said, you won't find a style of knife with much more of a "cool" factor.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    As far as oil, yes. The cleaner and well oiled you keep it, the better it will function. OTFs are notorious for being sensitive to grime. That said, you won't find a style of knife with much more of a "cool" factor.

OTF's are by far one of the coolest letter openers available IMO and they work good for mail boxes too.

Top Bottom