• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It would be nice to see a long term review of one of these. I know that the original SKKY versions (CPX1) had many teething problems. Then when they became SCCY, claims were made that there were fewer problems. Perhaps now they might be truly reliable? :dunno:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Ironic to see this review this week as my son and I just took his new Sccy to the range yesterday. I took a new Glock 19 that I hadn't had time to fire yet and it worked flawlessly as expected and very accurate. No surprise there. He had purchased the Sccy to have as a truck/toolbox/tacklebox throw around and While the fit and finish were nothing to brag about, it digested everything we tried with zero faults. Shot pretty well. It's a bit more boxy feeling to me but I was surprised to say the least. Not ready to trade in the Glock but it would do in a pinch.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Ironic to see this review this week as my son and I just took his new Sccy to the range yesterday. I took a new Glock 19 that I hadn't had time to fire yet and it worked flawlessly as expected and very accurate. No surprise there. He had purchased the Sccy to have as a truck/toolbox/tacklebox throw around and While the fit and finish were nothing to brag about, it digested everything we tried with zero faults. Shot pretty well. It's a bit more boxy feeling to me but I was surprised to say the least. Not ready to trade in the Glock but it would do in a pinch.
    That is good to hear.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    It would be nice to see a long term review of one of these. I know that the original SKKY versions (CPX1) had many teething problems. Then when they became SCCY, claims were made that there were fewer problems. Perhaps now they might be truly reliable? :dunno:
    I will continue to put rounds through and let everyone know if there are problems.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I've had a CPX2 for almost a year, like it a lot. It eats everything and conceals pretty easy.

As for reviews, check you tube, there are lots there; also Guns and Ammo and American Rifleman have reviewed the pistol.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have the SKKY CPX1 and haven't had any problems with the pistol. Customer service has always been great from them. SCCY has nothing to do with Kel-Tec.

showalts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    I have had one of the SKYY CPX1's for years never really had any issues with it, except for the fact that I wish I would have bought that solid black rather than the stainless upper (don't like anything that is gonna reflect light) several months back I tried to sell it @ the 1500 and @ local gunshops nobody even wanted to look at it and said that it had too many jamming issues :dunno: I know it doesn't like reloads to much but either does my Glock 17 or 19 so just figured it was cheap reloads. now that I have my LTCH I think it will be easier to conceal than some of my bigger 9mm :soapbox:... and that is my $.02

Top Bottom