• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Police: Two concealed weapons holders killed suspect during barb - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL - WBRC.com

Several people, including children, were inside the business when two armed men wearing masks demanded and stole money from them.
    Two of the victims with valid concealed weapons permits shot at both suspects, hitting one of them. The wounded suspect ran from the barbershop and collapsed outside.

The wounded robber died at a hospital. Police are looking for the other one.

I'll bet having two wouldn't-be-victims shoot back was a heckuva surprise.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Details:

?The kids were crying, hollering, and their parents were hollering? as barber, customer, stopped robbers | The State

When asked for his money, the customer in Bookman’s chair told the suspect with the pistol that his money was at a chair along the wall, Bookman said.

When that suspect turned his back to go search the customers sitting along the wall, Bookman’s client pulled his own gun and fired at the suspect. Bookman, too, pulled his weapon out and shot at the suspect, he said.

Both men who shot at the suspects had “valid concealed weapons permits,” Columbia Police Chief Skip Holbrook said in a news release late Friday night.
    Much more at the link. RTWT.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nice work by the Good Guys. It looks like the guy in the chair picked his time carefully, when the shotgunner was looking down to the floor. I am surprised that the shotgunner did not fire on the customer, though. I can't tell if the barber (Bookman) drew down on the shotgunner at the same time as the customer opened up on the BG working the customers along the wall.

Do any of you get the idea that Bookman and the customer communicated in advance of taking action? Did Bookman know in advance and fire on the shotgunner while the customer took out White Coat?

Was the customer just lucky that the shotgunner did not open up, or did Bookman have his back? Was this a stupid move that turned out well or was it well played?

I am not expert at AARs but I would appreciate some tactical analysis of the event.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I first saw this over on BearingArms.com and just couldn't help but be disgusted once again by the editorial opinion expressed by Bob Owens. He never lets a the opportunity to slam open carry go by, even though open carry was not a part of this story. I sent him my response below, but I'm sure he won't post it.

Bob,

Just couldn't help yourself when givin a chance to slam open carry. I just love 2nd Amendment supporters who want to impose their version of common sense gun control to an inalienable right. The difference between your gun control views and BHO's views are just a matter of degree.

I like Coloin Noir's take on the subject: https://www.nranews.com/series/noir...sode/noir-season-4-episode-7-gun-owners-unite

This was in response to his editorial comment to the story, which said this:
    This robbery would also seem to show what most defensive firearms instructors already agree upon; concealed carry is tactically superior to open carry, as it gives the concealed carrier the advantage of deciding when to make the presence of a firearm known, to their advantage.
    If someone had been open carrying in this incident (side note: open carry is not legal in South Carolina), it is very likely they would have been disarmed or shot by the two armed robbers as they came through the door with the element of surprise on their side.

There... I got that off my chest.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom