• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Was looking at some pics of krink sized Saiga 12's, and I really want one. So it made me wonder if anyone has ever tried to repeal the SBS rule in Indiana. What would it take to do it, and how hard would it be? I'm more than willing to help with the fight if someone more versed in law were to start something. It makes no sense that we can have everything except SBS's.:xmad:

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I try to not be paranoid but....

I could see an SBS repeal being based on "It's no different than an AOW 12Ga" and the end result being a ban on AOWs.

I'm just being old and cynical.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I believe a bill to repeal the SBS ban was introduced in last year's legislative session, but it didn't go anywhere.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm not sure anyone really cares anymore. Doesn't the SBS ban date back to Prohibition when bank robbers were terrorizing the Indiana countryside?

If you look at the Prohibited Weapons of Violence section of the Indiana code you'll see quite a few provisions have been repealed or amended. So I don't think it's exactly the "third rail" of Indiana politics.

Indiana Code 35-47-5

I still can't believe Indiana banned "Chinese throwing stars" in the 80's. Granted, I only moved into the state in 1996, but was there really an epidemic of throwing star violence that necessitated such a ban? Did we get invaded by ninjas or something?

When I read that law, all I can think of is some overstuffed hausfrau screeching "Won't someone think of the children?!!"

helen-lovejoy.jpg

conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    the best way to get anything done is to get ahold of your congressman. This close to elections, give them a call and tell them that they will earn your vote if they will draft or support legislation to allow sbs's. if enough people do it, it could happen. Ill join if someone will get it going. most important thing is to write through email, sups, and calling on the telephone. I really wanna chop my new saga. :ar15::ar15::ar15::ingo::ar15::ar15::ar15:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The SBS bill died this year in committee. The NRA-ILA chose not to put any lobby efforts into it because of what they felt were the more important issues, SB1 and The Suppresors While Hunting Legislation.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    I can see SBS's being a bit difficult to get repealed. I'm personally all for it, in fact I'm in the process of registering an SBR and seeing shorty shotguns makes me smile a bit inside... I just see it being very difficult.

At least supressors for hunting were legalized, its a step in the right direction. Maybe SBS's will follow?

There's always the Taurus Judge if you need a small shotgun... :D /drool

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I can see SBS's being a bit difficult to get repealed. I'm personally all for it, in fact I'm in the process of registering an SBR and seeing shorty shotguns makes me smile a bit inside... I just see it being very difficult.

At least supressors for hunting were legalized, its a step in the right direction. Maybe SBS's will follow?

There's always the Taurus Judge if you need a small shotgun... :D /drool

No they werent. We tried, but it didnt work out.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    i would also sign a petition......... to tell you the truth i have been in the market for NFA and short saiga 12 was my pick.. had no idea till just now i couldnt get it in this state.

Top Bottom