• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have searched and read and looked for weeks. I am wanting to do an sbr in 9mm however I want to do a side charge for a left hand shooter and takes glock mags. So the handle needs to be charged with the right hand instead of the left. I need help or leads for one. In the end this will be suppressed as well.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Glock mags are relatively cheap, and I'm a Glock guy, but they suck to load, especially in large sizes. I avoid them personally. Loading mags for the Kriss Vector sucks.

I shoot anything with iron sights left handed, and the MP5 is easy for a lefty. I think it's easier left handed than right handed. (I'm right handed, but extremely left eye dominant.) Shooting left, my right hand never leaves the forearm to charge or open the bolt.

Thumb over the the top to charge it from an open bolt.

To open, rotate the gun less than a quarter turn.

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Glock mags are relatively cheap, and I'm a Glock guy, but they suck to load, especially in large sizes. I avoid them personally. Loading mags for the Kriss Vector sucks.

I shoot anything with iron sights left handed, and the MP5 is easy for a lefty. I think it's easier left handed than right handed. (I'm right handed, but extremely left eye dominant.) Shooting left, my right hand never leaves the forearm to charge or open the bolt.

Thumb over the the top to charge it from an open bolt.

To open, rotate the gun less than a quarter turn.

I had given it some thought about rolling the pistol over a quarter turn and if I can't find something I will have to use this method. But I figured I would see if it was possible for me to find one user friendly for me.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I had given it some thought about rolling the pistol over a quarter turn and if I can't find something I will have to use this method. But I figured I would see if it was possible for me to find one user friendly for me.

The HK style works better for a lefty, than right handed. As a right handed shooter, you have to take your hand off the handgaurd to grab the handle. You don't have to as a lefty.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Glock mags are relatively cheap but a good product can change my choice in mags.

Scorpion Evo's side-charging handle is swappable to either side and the 30rd mags are ~$20.

CZ_Scorpion_SBR_2_zpsjyaalyze.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Don't let Chez fool you, he loves the MP5 too. He made sexual advances to try to get it, it's that hot. :cool:

This should get good.

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Don't let Chez fool you, he loves the MP5 too. He made sexual advances to try to get it, it's that hot. :cool:

This should get good.

Haha, I have always had an infatuation with the mp5 since Bruce Willis and die hard came out. "Welcome to the party pal".

Again the cz would make sense, its quick, easy and proven. I'm just not looking towards the long wait for my sbr approval... and than again wait for a suppressor.. sucks sooo bad!!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Rhino is supposed to be scheduling a PCC shoot.

Paging the purple pachyderm to the courtesy phone..............

Top Bottom