• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If you can't make up your mind where to put it on the lower you still have two choices: the upper or the barrel. Sure maybe down the road you get another short 300 BLK barreled upper. Just put your info on that one too and you are still good to go. The lower with it's original NFA registered serial number + the short barrel + the upper all assembled together = SBR. Your engraved info needs to be on the assembled "SBR".

Just don't put that 2nd short barreled engraved upper onto a lower & create a 2nd unregistered SBR. That would be bad.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If you can't make up your mind where to put it on the lower you still have two choices: the upper or the barrel. Sure maybe down the road you get another short 300 BLK barreled upper. Just put your info on that one too and you are still good to go. The lower with it's original NFA registered serial number + the short barrel + the upper all assembled together = SBR. Your engraved info needs to be on the assembled "SBR".

Just don't put that 2nd short barreled engraved upper onto a lower & create a 2nd unregistered SBR. That would be bad.

Yeah, I think it'd be more cost effective for me just to engrave the lower. Give me more freedom too with the upper since I'm not engraving these myself, not to mention there will be higher resale on the upper if its not engraved at all.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yeah, I think it'd be more cost effective for me just to engrave the lower. Give me more freedom too with the upper since I'm not engraving these myself, not to mention there will be higher resale on the upper if its not engraved at all.

My vote is the front of the mag well. It won't be noticeable from the sides. In all honesty once we put these things together and start shooting them, we don't pay much attention to any of the engraving. Just my :twocents:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My vote is the front of the mag well. It won't be noticeable from the sides. In all honesty once we put these things together and start shooting them, we don't pay much attention to any of the engraving. Just my :twocents:

I know, I just want it to be hidden somewhat. I might see how thick the trigger guard is when I get this to see if it'll fit on the sides and if Ident Marking can put it there.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I know, I just want it to be hidden somewhat. I might see how thick the trigger guard is when I get this to see if it'll fit on the sides and if Ident Marking can put it there.

You should be fine. I put the info in one of our 3 axis mills last week just to see how long it would be in 1/16 letters. I'll check tomorrow to see what it is, can't remember off the top of my head.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I need the height to see if the side of the trigger guard is tall enough. but I won't know until I get my lower in

like, on the side right here:
    6888231979_aa1eaa7160_z.jpg

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I need the height to see if the side of the trigger guard is tall enough. but I won't know until I get my lower in

2 lines at 1/16=1/8 inch plus what ever gap you have between the 2 lines. Say you put 1/16 gap between the lines, you only need 3/16 of an inch for the width. I'm going to guess that there is between 1/4 and 5/16 of flat to work with.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    2 lines at 1/16=1/8 inch plus what ever gap you have between the 2 lines. Say you put 1/16 gap between the lines, you only need 3/16 of an inch for the width. I'm going to guess that there is between 1/4 and 5/16 of flat to work with.

I was going to put one line on each side of the trigger guard.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would think the side of the trigger guard would be more obvious than the front of the magwell. Look at pics of ARs online and tell me how often you see the front of the magwell.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I would think the side of the trigger guard would be more obvious than the front of the magwell. Look at pics of ARs online and tell me how often you see the front of the magwell.

:blahblah:

You may be right though. I don't know yet. :runaway:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

like, on the side right here:
    6888231979_aa1eaa7160_z.jpg

I must have replied before you added the pic.

I agree with Evan. I think that putting it there would stick out like a sore thumb.

Top Bottom