• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    I am building my first AR and it will be an SBR, I will be using a Bravo Company MFG CHF 11.5 barrel. I am wondering what buffer weight I should go with and spring. Not sure if I will need a heavier buffer and spring or just use the standard Milspec buffer weight and spring since it utilizes a carbine gas system. I am not using a gas piston system just regular gas tube so any help and advice would be appreciated. I want the build a very light, fast, reliable, simple and flat shooting rifle I can. No bullsh** just things necessary. Noveske Upper/Lower set, BCM barrel as mentioned/BCG, NSR rail, Magpul CTR/K grip/Pro BUIS, Surefire Scout mini light and that's about it, oh and DD LPK. Just needed help with the buffer weight and spring setup . Thanks all

AND YES I KNOW THIS IS AN NFA ITEM AND WILL HAVE TO MY ATF PAPERWORK FILED AND CLEARED BEFORE MOUNTING MY BARREL SO ON AND SO FOURTH SO PLEASE DONT FEEL THE NEED TO INFORM ME ABOUT ANY OF THAT, THANS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Build it as a pistol first so that you can shoot and tune it as needed.
    As to what weight buffer to go with, it will depend on what ammo you plan to shoot.
    You'll want the heaviest buffer that will still allow the rifle to reliably cycle with the weakest ammo.
    I other words it is trial and error to find the right combination. You can buy a H3 and a regular carbine buffer and with that you can make a combo that will cover it by swapping the weights inside the buffer. Or simply just use a H buffer and call it a day.

Top Bottom