• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Guys were debating if "Something big" was about to happen. As most threads do in the GD over there, it went south in a hurry. One poster did mention a strange white van parked across the street. That prompted this story:

Originally Posted By bear84:

Originally Posted By HUMONGO
    There has been this strange white van parked across the street all day, now that you mention it.

Funny story, I renamed me wifi in the house "Recon Van". My paranoid neighbor saw me outside, came over wearing his really short shorts, high socks and dress shirt. Got real close and showed me his iPhone with that network name, he said "that's awful strange man, I wonder why they're in the neighborhood." I told him to just keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, we'll get through this together.

Thinking about trying the "Recon Van" name just for laughs.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Mine is "police stakeout router". Room mates dad thought there was a stakeout, and then said he thought it could be illegal. Asked two police officers, on being the sheriff where I live if it is legal, I am good. I live in a nice area, so it isn't such a big deal. Would be funny if it was in a bad part of town though. I could get my friends big blue van. Only has one window and looks like a former cop van. That would be funny.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    That is funny. Ideas include:

"NSA Data Capture Station A91"

"IRS RAID Team 28"

"FEMA Internment Camp R3"

"DHS Roadblock #19"

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I set up a friends Wifi and for the life of her she could not come up with a name. So we decided on "FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN." Her neighbors smoked just a little less dope for a while.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    heard a clip of bob and tom where they were discussing this subject. ideas such as "my neighbor's a d-bag" and so forth. a listener emailed that he had named his network "hack me if you can" one night; by the time he woke up in the morning, it had been renamed "challenge accepted".

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And here I went with something pretty boring... "Virus Detected" Though I have to admit, I've had quite a bit of fun with friends who come over and are searching for wifi in the area!!

Top Bottom