• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I heard the boy say something about gang bangers and drug dealers as I strolled by...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i first saw one of these years ago in a desantis catalog. i believe their model is called the kingston. dont know how well it would work and that is a good point about a wreck. that would suck

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I rigged up an old Galco leather that I wasn't using with a fat man belt I found at the thrift store for my van. I strapped it around the bottom of the backrest of the seat. I placed the holster to the passenger side though, not in the weiner position that this add shows. I was uncomfortable when carrying a full 1911 and sitting in my van. I also found it quicker to draw with this homeade solution. Before that I would keep it holstered on the passenger seat. I soon realized that was a dumb idea. It only takes one quick break to learn that lesson.:)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I heard the boy say something about gang bangers and drug dealers as I strolled by...

They are from Detroit, which is probably why you heard those terms. We had our booth next to theirs at the last gun show in Oct. Super nice people, they sell a lot of these to police because apparently they can't modify their cars permanently in any way, at least the ones in Michigan i guess.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am no designer, but I have ideas in my head for years, but I want it on my strong side, right, and want it concealed, yet easy access, I have not come up with one yet...

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get into an accident, and your gun will be wearing your balls as ornaments after the hammer and/or slide rips them off.

If you get into a accident and you slide far enough forward to catch your balls on that, you will have a lot more to worry about than your nuts on the hammer.

Namely your head in the windsheild and the steering wheel in your chest.:eek:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you get into a accident and you slide far enough forward to catch your balls on that, you will have a lot more to worry about than your nuts on the hammer.

Namely your head in the windshield and the steering wheel in your chest.:eek:

Yes, I've been there and done that, in a 1977 Honda Civic. Lady in a Buick hit me head on. Even with seat belts on, I folded the steering wheel flat against the column, my hands went through the instrument panel, knees took out the dash under the panel. My passenger's head hit the windshield... in front of me. His knees took out glove box, stereo, heater controls. The frame had broken beneath his seat and pitched him toward my side. My seat back was all the way back, from where I'd first been thrown violently forward, then slammed back into it.

As it was, despite the damage described above, we got a couple little stitches, were swollen and black and blue for a bit, but nothing severe or permanent. If either one of us had had a holster like that in front of our seats, though, I don't care to think what might have happened. I assure you, at some point during that crash both of our butts had to have been up toward the front edge of our seats.

Top Bottom