• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    @VostocK @bwframe

Since you guys expressed interest, tagging you in.

I received the Galaxy Bud Pro 2 today. Sound quality is better than the $50 no name brand I've been using for years and the active noise cancellation seems to work pretty well. I am sitting in my sunroom with the windows open and all the bird, insect, and traffic sounds were completely muted out. I could hear my wife talking but very quietly. Ambient noise slightly amplified everything, I can now safely jog with both ear buds in, I think. With both of them off, you can still hear some ambient sound but slightly muted, like a really bad fit with ear plugs.

The Translate works, but you need your phone as well. The other speaker relies on the mic on your phone. You can set it to where you push a button for them to start talking or for it to detect a voice. There is a delay that makes the pace of conversation slow, but it does work. I downloaded Arabic and had my wife have her half of the conversation in Arabic while I did my half in English (US). She would talk, it would show up on the screen in Arabic, and then a voice would say it in English in my Buds. I would speak and it would show up written in Arabic on her half of the screen and read it via the phone's speaker. She said everything translated correctly.

Languages are somewhat limited. It comes with Spanish (US) pre installed. There are multiple version of Spanish, French, English, and Chinese. One version of Arabic, Hindi, Indonesian, etc. No Greek. No European Portuguese, only Brazilian. Hopefully they'll expand them.

Note you do *not* need Buds for this to work, you can use Interpreter with the phone only if you have a new enough Samsung phone to have Samsung AI. The only difference is the phone speaker will play both halves of the conversation and you both have to push a button to start your turn talking. With the buds, it picks up your voice automatically. In short, the ad really oversells how much the buds matter for this, but it's still pretty neat.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Great work. Thanks BBI!

This is brand new technology. I kind of expected it wouldn't quite work like Star Trek yet. :)

I'm anxious to fiddle with the noise cancelling stuff.

:ingo:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No Greek.
    Dang. How am I supposed to know what the priest is saying?

Actually just got a new Samsung phone and was going to read my greek bible to it to practice pronunciation. So was excited until those two words.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Great work. Thanks BBI!

This is brand new technology. I kind of expected it wouldn't quite work like Star Trek yet. :)

I'm anxious to fiddle with the noise cancelling stuff.

:ingo:

The future is (almost) now old man!!! I want my universal translator!!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've seen AI now that can do translation in your own voice to another language. Not sure if those in voice translations are running on phones yet or of it needs more processor to do that.

Top Bottom