• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    What is anyone's experience with the Saiga in 308? Reliable, accurate, well built?
    Etc. magazine availability?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They are battle rifles, not precision pieces; with good ammo, expect accuracy on par with an FAL or rack-grade M1A. As with all Saigas, you really need to restore them to a traditional AK type layout in order to wring the most potential out of them.

Factory mags hold 8 rounds. I believe SGM makes 20- and 25-rounders for them; expect to pay $40+ apiece.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I bought mine from Shooter..........6 years ago? I scoped it and use it as a beater deer gun for times an AR can't, 125 to 250 yards. I love it, got it dirt cheap. Factory rear sight is crap. I left the gun in original condition but will likely convert it some day or add a second one and do so.

Very happy with it, very affordable .308. Weakness is the cost of mags. Not a primary defense gun for me, just a .308 I can use when needed.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I appreciate it quite a bit. Been looking at one, Kind of a grab and go type issue. May use for some Hog Hunting in close quarters.
    The Mag $$ are a little dicey.

Top Bottom