• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Own a Taurus or anything smaller than a 9mm.

Gonna make myself a liar today and buy a Taurus 738!

I'm not real excited about it like I normally would be with a firearm purchase.

New responsibilities at work dictate khakis and slacks some days and standing in front of a crowd.

My edc at work has been a j-frame for the last few years but the new attire will not conceal the j-frame adequately in a Desantis pocket holster(in my opinion the but sticking out of my pocket is not concealed enough) and I despise ankle carry(tried for a while).

I tried to like the Bodyguard 380 because it looks like a real gun and has real sights but the trigger was terrible and I read some not so enthusiastic reviews and after coonfingering many a .380 I had met my demise.

So in comes the little baby gun that i really did not want.

Ok maybe I'm a little excited because it is a gun and guns are good.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Have you tried looking at a Ruger LC9 or something like it? Don't want to talk you out of something you're already set on, but US made with a great reputation, 9mm, and about the same size (I believe).

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Looked at all the options and this thing is tiny!!

Much smaller than an lc9, so small it kinda makes me laugh.

Any gun is better than no gun and this fits my needs

Picked it up a couple hours ago with a box of 50 federal something or others for 287 something out the door from ACME sports in Seymour.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I said I would never own a Taurus also, but did buy a 22lr revolver. It worked out so well, that I bought a 738. It has been a couple of years now that I have
    owned these, and combined they have over 2500 rounds through them. I have never had one issue with either, that was not directly ammo related. I carry my
    738 with complete confidence.
    I would buy another Taurus without hesitation.
    Like I always say, maybe I just got lucky.
    I might suggest a set of Traction Grips, that will make a 738 much easier to control.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I carry a 738 daily. Nice little gun.

About a year ago, it wouldn't feed right but I would be able to push the slide into battery. I had the feed ramp polished and magazine lips tweaked and it's ran perfect ever since.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I own a Taurus 38 ultra-lite and I love it, bought it for summer carry and have thought about replacing it with a Taurus slim 9mm but just cant let go right now , its a sick issue to have. lol

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Wife owns a Tarus Tracker in 44 Mag, and she loves it. No, it isnt a S&W or Ruger, but it does go bang, and with the right ammo, hits what she aims at. She also has a PT92, and after a little encouragement, started to try to like it. After a few years, she now seems to love that gun, and will carry it from time to time when her wardrobe and situation allows. Taurus isnt the cream of the crop, and a far cry from a Nighthawk Custom, but their products do fit into a nitch, and tend to serve well in their intended roles.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Lot of excellent reviews on the 738 that made me choose it over the other options and the trigger feels excellent,

I'm hoping to get to shoot it this weekend between finishing a brick patio and taking care of my pregnant wife.

James20

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Woodburn
    You gota do what you gota do. I said the same thing but I needed something to carry at the gym that wouldn't pull my shorts down so I got a NAA .22 mag.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Lot of excellent reviews on the 738 that made me choose it over the other options and the trigger feels excellent,

I'm hoping to get to shoot it this weekend between finishing a brick patio and taking care of my pregnant wife.

Remember what I said about the Traction Grips. They really help make a 738 much more controllable.
    I did not start shooting hollow points, until I had shot around 80 FMJ through mine.
    I am told they don't always feed hollow points right out of the box.
    Good luck with it.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I said I'll never own a Glock. Was looking for a full size almost brought home a 17, then P226 became the baby. It was a close call.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Never say never. I said I would never sell any of my guns but I sold one recently to pay for something even better. I guess upgrades shouldn't count.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Don't let the size or brand fool you. It's a workhorse. I have well over 800 rounds of mix and reloads. I have a hard time putting it down. After cleaning out the mag a bit, all you do next is learn to point and shoot.

Top Bottom