• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I just posted this on the Mindset Lab Facebook page. I thought it was worth sharing here as well.

Force on Force training is critically important. But that realism comes with risks and REQUIRES adherence to strict safety protocols. If you've trained with Mindset Lab you understand how seriously we take this and why.

Beware of any training scenarios that are not completely controlled. The environment, the role players and the students must all be free of live weapons. This is not optional. Mindset Lab does patdowns and metal detecting wandings of everyone entering the training environment. I've heard or read some comments over the years about how that is a little excessive. Good. This is one area where I want to be excessive.

The following video is of a scenario-based exercise gone wrong. While not graphic, it contains scenes of injury and bleeding. It's a perfect demonstration of what can and eventually will go wrong when safety is not the top priority.

Additionally, note the lack of immediate medical intervention. Please ask yourself, "What will I do when the time comes?"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ee_1385346007

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Anyone that thinks detailed pat downs and safety inspections prior to FOF training is excessive is a total idiot. I have long said that there may be many "Oh s**t, I f**ked up" letters I may have to write to my Chief during my career but, a letter about getting an Officer shot during training would not be one of them. After 20 years and thousands of scenarios I am happy to say that I was successful.

I would always start my safety brief with this statement. "What we will be doing here today, is pointing firearms at our friends and pulling the trigger. Do not take this lightly!"

Top Bottom