• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edarotag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    I have a willing seller that is in another state. I understand the legal way is to ship to an FFL. He is willing to ship from his local FFL to mine (haven't chose one yet...)

My question is -- is there a "safe" way to conduct this transaction? A 3rd party, or can the FFL's handle the money exchange?

We're going to discuss the transaction later, I know not to send a money order or use paypal, but I am just curious as to what my other options are.

I've searched for this gun locally with little to no luck, and his price is right (without being too good to be true...)

I've bought OTHER things and have never been burned, but I have never bought a firearm.

Thanks in advance!

-Edar

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    why would you not use paypal or money order ( usps ) just dont send to a PO Box require a physical address for payment. Most ffl dont handle the money part thats going to be between buyer and seller. if you use paypal request an invoice for purchase. and once you have his FFL info call them to confirm they are legit. you will need to contact them anyway to give them your ffl info. and ask for a tracking number.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'll tell you a way I just used to sell to an out of state guy, seemed good to me and protected both of us. For the purpose of this post, "FFL" means the guy holding the FFL, for you picky Peggy types.

We agreed up front -- he would choose a local IN FFL to handle this end, I had veto rights -- this prevents me from having some partner PRETEND to be an FFL. He would pay all FFL and shipping fees. He selected one, called him, and arranged the deal. I showed up at the FFL's place of business with the firearm at the arranged time, buyer is on the phone with FFL. FFL inspects gun, answers whatever questions the buyer has, confirms that he has it in his possession, it is as advertised, etc. When buyer is satisfied, he pays FFL according to THEIR agreement (I believe he paid the FFL by credit card, but doesn't concern me), FFL hands me cash and I go on my way. FFL ships to buyer's FFL, done.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom