• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    my new mil-spec SS runs good but shoots a little low for me...350rd count...i measured the bushing inside and was 0.580....barrel measure 0.576.....seems like a lot of slop to me....any thoughts on this?

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    I know its shooting low, but how is the grouping? Id much rather have a bushing a little loose than super tight. Makes it a pain the field strip. Im not completely sold on super tight match bushings anyway. I have a couple of Springfields, a Tussey Colt Officers Stealth, and a Nighthawk Commander. The Springfields shoot almost as well and a whole lot easier to clean.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    about 4" at 50ft....and 8" low....my GCNM is dead on with less then 1" groups......SS SERIES 70 will hold 1.5" groups and my Kimber custom II same as the 70.....was hpoin' for the same from the mil-spec.....all the others have nice tight bushing.....thats all i have found different in it.....

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Hmmmmm.. That is quite a difference... On the plus side, its easy enough to fit your own bushing and go from there. Im by no means saying that a 4" 50ft group is bad, but I do think it could be better.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Hmmmmm.. That is quite a difference... On the plus side, its easy enough to fit your own bushing and go from there. Im by no means saying that a 4" 50ft group is bad, but I do think it could be better.

i thought i wasn't doin' something right so i grab the GCNM and all was right with the world:rockwoot:.......i think i'm goin' to call SA and see what they have to say it's brand new.....

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Good deal. Your a better shooter than I am with your Gold Cup. So you know something isnt right and it isnt you. Let us know what they say.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    they sent me a shippin' label.......been gone 2 weeks....i called friday and they said i should have it back next week......

Top Bottom