• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Now, amongst all the blue steel and wood stock .22 rifles, lurks an evil black plastic rifle. I purchased the title gun, and I like it. I find it fills a gap in the lineup of Winchesters, Rugers, and Savage rimfires I have. So far I like the light weight and adjustable stock. 25 round mag is pretty nice, too. Smooth handguard, MBUS sights came with it, mounted a BSA reddot sight, and put the Huntertown silencer on it. Have fired a grand total of 26 rounds of CCI standard velocity and am impressed so far. Both irons and dot need sighted in, hopefully I will be able to do that tomorrow or later this week. Got another 25 round mag on order, along with two 10 round mags. I would post some photos, but I don't know where to put them - in the AR photo thread, or the plastic gun photo thread.

Thanks for reading.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    .... Smooth handguard, MBUS sights came with it, mounted a BSA reddot sight, and put the Huntertown silencer on it. Have fired a grand total of 26 rounds of CCI standard velocity and am impressed so far. ...

Did you get one with a threaded barrel? They are even more awesome with a suppressor attached. :):

Thanks, all, for the kind words.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Post them in this thread.

Congrats, btw.

Ok, I will...and thanks.

Might have remembered why this sight was put away. Dialed in at 25yds, two 3-shot groups just a tad high, backed up to 50yds, and...whut?? Well, do my best to get back on target, then when I thought it was good again, change to a different aim spot, and everything was high. Moved to another, and everything was low left. Shot the last diamond, and it was tad low and right. Didn't make any adjustments when I started shooting the last three groups. Hmm, could this be why I did not have the BSA red dot mounted??

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Been shooting this....what a hoot. The BSA dot is dead, really will just not hold zero anymore. Got the BUIS dialed in, put 5 rounds in the black with my tired old eyes...yay! Only did that once. Got three kids coming over to shoot with me, and they all like it. The one boy is getting really good with it. Hits the spinners dang near every shot. About to back him up to the 50 yard mark, see how it goes. One thing I have noticed about the 15-22 compared to the 10-22 is that the action is noisy. Shooting CCI standards, suppressed, and the only noise is the action cycling, but man does it make a bunch. Took more than 300 rounds before some ejection issues, maybe one in ten would not eject. Quick clean and back to smooth running.

Finally picked out a scope to put on it, a Bushnell AR223, with a Primary Arms mount. Then a friend offered me a mount he doesn't use any more, so waiting to see if it is a 1" or 30mm mount. Will be placing my order after that.

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    Put a Slidefire stock on it and the fun really begins. It is a blast to shoot if you can find enough .22. We usually finish every shooting session with a mag each through it. The 50 round drum mag is the best but takes some time to reload each time :)

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I've got plenty of ammo on hand, not worried about that. Had a 50 round drum once, and while it is a blast not to have to reload, it sure was a pain loading it, and heavy once hanging under the rifle. Was at Carson's Gun Bunker in Terre Haute, and a guy there had an AR lower with a Slidefire stock and a Tac-Con 3MR trigger goup. Showed videos of shooting that setup, and it sure sounded/looked like full auto! Not sure I want to go there, cuz we can run thru plenty of ammo with just the 10- and 25-round mags.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I see several mentions about holding zero problems. Have you tried shooting the rifle from position (like maybe prone without a shooting rest) that does not rest weight on the barrel. I have one, and there is LOTS of flex in that plastic chassis. Even with a sling, I have had to adapt my positions to put less stress on rifle. For the novelty item it is, the accuracy is amazingly consistent. The addition of a Geiselle trigger made a huge difference in shootability, especially in offhand position.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    No, I haven't fired from a lot of different positions. It has either been off the bench with sandbags under the handguard, or standing. Don't have a sling on it. Biggest problem I had was the bad BSA reddot that would not hold zero. Since I took that off and just use the iron sights, it shoots great. Unless I get trigger happy.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Great little rifle that's really fun to shoot and accurate. I ended up buying one a few years ago after shooting my buddy's. Knew right then I had to have one. Found one used with a cheap TruGlo red dot & a couple hundred rounds of old looking ammo. It ate it just fine & has devoured anything else I've fed it. Definitely one of my favorites.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Been shooting this....what a hoot. The BSA dot is dead, really will just not hold zero anymore. Got the BUIS dialed in, put 5 rounds in the black with my tired old eyes...yay! Only did that once. Got three kids coming over to shoot with me, and they all like it. The one boy is getting really good with it. Hits the spinners dang near every shot. About to back him up to the 50 yard mark, see how it goes. One thing I have noticed about the 15-22 compared to the 10-22 is that the action is noisy. Shooting CCI standards, suppressed, and the only noise is the action cycling, but man does it make a bunch. Took more than 300 rounds before some ejection issues, maybe one in ten would not eject. Quick clean and back to smooth running.

Finally picked out a scope to put on it, a Bushnell AR223, with a Primary Arms mount. Then a friend offered me a mount he doesn't use any more, so waiting to see if it is a 1" or 30mm mount. Will be placing my order after that.
    Keep a can of lube with you. Give it a squirt when it FTEs or FTLs and you should be good without having to actually clean it right away.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have enjoyed this rifle so much, I had to have it's little brother...

Picked it up yesterday afternoon, today I cleaned it (not that it was dirty, just cuz that's what I do), lubed it, shot 10 rounds and man, way too much fun! Gonna have to start spending lots of money on 22 ammo now!

I have a FastFire II that will be mounted on the pistol. And once I get a crush washer the suppressor will be on it. Would like to get some rail covers or whatever they are called.

According to FedEx/USPS, the Bushnell AR223 scope I ordered for the rifle will be here tomorrow, or maybe Saturday. Gets here when it gets here.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom