• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So I went to lowes last week and got a few 2x4's cut down to 5'6" and bought a quick assemble temporary sawhorse kit along with some chain to hang my new bobcat steel targets on. I wanted something I can tear down and toss in the back of my truck easily, as well as replace for low cost if it get's shot up.

five 2x4=7.50
    four lengths of stainless chain = 25$
    four attachment hooks = 6$
    set of "Sawhorse" hinges = 8$
    seeing steel swing freely by my hand.....PRICELESS!

Went out to MCF&G and ran a few magazines through the 15-22 to zero my irons, verify my zero on my aimpoint and ring the steel a bit.

All in all it was a fun trip out. Here's a vid of the last mag before I left, just trying to keep them swinging without coming to a stop. Missed several times!!

YouTube - IndySSD's Channel

I'm headed back today around Noon-1pm'ish for more steel ringing and some actual drills.

Last edited:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Ok that was a better Video than some of Shooter's! Rep inbound.

Now I need to get my AR converted to 22 so I can shoot it like that oh and join MCF&G for the range time!

Awesome job SSD!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Ok that was a better Video than some of Shooter's! Rep inbound.

Now I need to get my AR converted to 22 so I can shoot it like that oh and join MCF&G for the range time!

Awesome job SSD!

Thanks for the rep.

I've been known to let people run mags through my M&P15-22 out at MCF&G;).

I'll be headed out today to do some drills and some general plinking, hoping to get an IPSC target sometime in the next day or two for upcoming outings.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Thanks for the rep.

I'll be headed out today to do some drills and some general plinking, hoping to get an IPSC target sometime in the next day or two for upcoming outings.

Gah you would have to throw an offer out like that on a day that I can't make it out!!!! Work sucks sometimes, not to mention having things I have to do tonight.

Bah can't take rep back! :D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Gah you would have to throw an offer out like that on a day that I can't make it out!!!! Work sucks sometimes, not to mention having things I have to do tonight.

Bah can't take rep back! :D

Oh, I go shooting often. usually early afternoon though. I like to spend my weekends and evenings with my wife and little man ya know. Let me know when you're up for it. Also, I HIGHLY recommend getting a separate platform .22 AR from your primary. Great training tool and you don't have to foul up your primary firearm that's much more difficult to clean!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Thanks for the rep.

It's true. He does.

We need to get together, and with our steel targets COMBINED... we'll be come the wonder twins!! Just kidding. We should meet up though. We could set up some stages in the bays where you have to shoot rifle and pistol! Or set up some three gun type stages!! HELL YEAH!

I took kimmi yesterday and we shot shotguns in that very bay.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I need to either convert my AR to shoot .22lr or go with a 9mm set up like Shooter. That thing was bad ass at FNS.

Top Bottom