• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audie1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Has anyone had a problem with the laser on their S&W bodyguard? The laser in mine was bad when i went to change batteries.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So your laser worked, then you changed the batteries, then it's not working? That's a first for me, unless the battery is backwards.

I've seen the laser locking screw back out when shooting, then get jammed in the recoil spring. It seizes the pistol up and it shakes the laser to death. Smith solved that problem by good ol red loctite

Also the buttons on the side stop working, either the laser faults or the buttons go...limp..

Then there are some laser that just don't work from the factory.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    That could be a hassle with the Bodyguard, the laser is integrated so you have to send the whole gun in for service.
    Hopefully you can get this done without having to ship your handgun because of a laser issue.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Here's a link showing the gist of the fix for the buttons. Ultimately the nipple on the inside of the buttons is too soft to consistently activate the laser. It has to be stiffened up. You'll see in the vid what this guy used. I cut off some pieces of a ball point pen ink tube. That worked great.
    I fixed mine to be sure it is functional, but in the end I never use the laser. I just really love the little gun and how it shoots. I bought a Shield when they came out and it's my EDC now. I still throw the BG 380 in a cargo pocket in the summer, if I don't want to holster up for a quick trip out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlUtVu4ZUqs[/ame]

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    That could be a hassle with the Bodyguard, the laser is integrated so you have to send the whole gun in for service.
    Hopefully you can get this done without having to ship your handgun because of a laser issue.

Not really. You get that little screw with the pissy size alan head, you back that out, then grab onto that with a pair of needle nose and pull, the laser should come right out. It's just a drop in piece.

If that laser is fubar, Smith should be able to send you a new assemble with new laser, buttons, and batteries, free of charge

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom