• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Looking at the two females at the top of the heap, I think Barrett is the better choice. An intellectual superstar with deep knowledge of the law. She's been in rare air for a long time.

Plus, she's hot. (That's a minority group on SCOTUS right there!) :)

Comparing resume's with Lagoa....not even close. Plus Lagoa was involved in the Elian Gonzales mess.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Looking at the two females at the top of the heap, I think Barrett is the better choice. An intellectual superstar with deep knowledge of the law. She's been in rare air for a long time.

Comparing resume's with Lagoa....not even close. Plus Lagoa was involved in the Elian Gonzales mess.

Which side?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This 1000%. He could nominate Obama and the left would call him a racist for pandering. There is literally nothing he could do that they would approve of. Nothing.

That seems to be the main difference in my opinion between leftists and conservatives. If Obama had pushed some pro 2A legislation, he would’ve been given credit by conservatives. There is nothing that the leftist media would ever give Trump credit for. Ever.

I've already seen bits and pieces of the left going after Obama in recent times.

During the democrat debates in particular.

It's a purity spiral, no one is ever pure enough for them to be content, this is why I get on republicans when I see them making the same mistake.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

FINALLY! Something the monkey and the puppy can agree on! She can review my briefs any day! :naughty: (even tho she's a dirty catholic... though the one catholic girl I dated was the freakiest of them all... Just sayin...)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    According to some posts further upthread, RBG is “HOT” now too

It's so confusing. You gotta hate dems, and be a conservative. You gotta be a protestant and hate Catholics. You gotta have no manners and insult dead people, but take offense when someone criticises you or your ideas.

So confusing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I've already seen bits and pieces of the left going after Obama in recent times.

During the democrat debates in particular.

It's a purity spiral, no one is ever pure enough for them to be content, this is why I get on republicans when I see them making the same mistake.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Most recent example is Romney... for all the McCain-like ***hat **** he's pulled, at least he's on the right side when it matters and will vote on a justice this year... before or after, doesn't matter, up to Mitch... which is the right answer.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Most recent example is Romney... for all the McCain-like ***hat **** he's pulled, at least he's on the right side when it matters and will vote on a justice this year... before or after, doesn't matter, up to Mitch... which is the right answer.

Romney voted to have Trump impeached, that's a bit of a different deal.

He's pretty much a moderate democrat at this point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Romney voted to have Trump impeached, that's a bit of a different deal.

He's pretty much a moderate democrat at this point.

I do not believe he has changed much, just says what he needs to very well to get what he wants. He really screwed republicans by taking the Utah senate seat. He could have battled it out in Massachusetts (he was governor there) and stolen a seat, he could have very likely won in Michigan (he is from there and his father was elected there) and added a republican seat, but noooo he has to turn a usually very conservative Utah seat to milquetoast conservative, which is a loss of strength for the republican party rather than the other choices that would have enhanced the party...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do not believe he has changed much, just says what he needs to very well to get what he wants. He really screwed republicans by taking the Utah senate seat. He could have battled it out in Massachusetts (he was governor there) and stolen a seat, he could have very likely won in Michigan (he is from there and his father was elected there) and added a republican seat, but noooo he has to turn a usually very conservative Utah seat to milquetoast conservative, which is a loss of strength for the republican party rather than the other choices that would have enhanced the party...
    Well he was voted into that usually very conservative Utah seat by whom?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Slight thread derail... Generally speaking, I thought senators were supposed to be from the state they represent. It sure seems like some of them seem to move from state to state depending upon which way the political winds are blowing. Romney and Hillary Clinton come to mind right off the bat.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well he was voted into that usually very conservative Utah seat by whom?

As I sure you know, a Romney or HRC pop into a state, get a residence set up and use their massive name recognition and war chests from other campaigns and clobber a representative or state level politician that has no chance. Thai is how they get elected. Also, particularly on the republican side, the left voters often change parties in primaries to defeat the real conservatives they fear..

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Another example of changing the rules has bitten the Dems in the butt.
    "Nuclear"...

The greatest line ever delivered on the floor of the senate:
    [video=youtube;KqR44wxx4h8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqR44wxx4h8[/video]

2 and possibly 3 supreme court justices later. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom