• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Given that the Assads have been Russian allies since before my time, I have a hard time seeing Ivan stand back and watch this. I also have a hard time seeing the Kenyan stand his ground when the Russkies do something.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    If I'm Putin, at the very least, I start a propoganda war. He can correctly claim that the US is supporting Al-Queda, while he is the one fighting the terrorists. I would be repeating that talking point constantly. Combine that with some proxy/asymetrical warfare and a weak President, whose experience consists of "community organizing", and things might not go as well for us as they have in the past.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I'm Putin, at the very least, I start a propoganda war. He can correctly claim that the US is supporting Al-Queda, while he is the one fighting the terrorists. I would be repeating that talking point constantly. Combine that with some proxy/asymetrical warfare and a weak President, whose experience consists of "community organizing", and things might not go as well for us as they have in the past.

Agreed, especially considering that Putin really has a pair while the Kenyan just pretends to on TV.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    This is actually pretty fascinating, albeit horrible for the Syrians.

Revolutionary Islamic republic Iran supporting one of the last old-time nationalist dictators. While the US supports a rebellion that has elements of Al Qaeda.

No doubt the Russians will re-arm the Assad government, or has already.

BHO and his national security team is in over their heads. US will not come out a winner, whichever way it goes.

BUT, don't forget, Obama told the Russians that after the next election he would have more freedom to act... or not to act.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Considering that the missiles and F-16's will be staying in Jordan after the "joint exercises" are over , I'd say she's right .

Looking like WW3 could be kicking off later this year .

Don't overlook the possibility of the president using an international incident to prop up his regime heading into the 2014 elections. Shame on the voters if they fall for this. Again.

Top Bottom