• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    for one, how about they learn english so they dont have to drive a hooker with them all over the place as their translator? ooooooooh yes i went there[/quote]

Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you E5Ranger for insensitivtiy, although you get points for being a funny sob. lol

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Though, obviously, these individuals were acting very suspiciously, no matter the color of their skin, or language of their tongue.

I'm more betting they were looking for a place to have a little fun with their female companion, though.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I wasn't referring to you.

I was referring to the fairly obvious (to me) racism in other's posts.

I don't like racism. I'm white, male, and middle class. I am "The Man", and I still don't like it.

It's fine - this is (still) America, and you're still entitled to be racist if you like. Just as I'm entitled to not like it, and say so.

He also said, there was a "white chick," does that make him racist toward whites? You're entitled to be perpetually offended by everything, it's everyone else's prerogative to not like it, and say so.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I find the term "White Chick" to be degrading to women :)

That was just a racist, anti-female, all around unpolitically correct post. LOL j/k of course.

But yeah, rural can be WORSE for crime than a suburban setting. Just because they know it is remote, and if noone is home, then NOONE is observing out a window to call the police.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Though, obviously, these individuals were acting very suspiciously, no matter the color of their skin, or language of their tongue.

I'm more betting they were looking for a place to have a little fun with their female companion, though.

So your assuming because a cacasion woman is with two non-cacasion males it must be because she is a prositute? So the two non-cacasion males must have a higher level of sexual deviance to be "looking for a place to have a little fun" in the country?

Racist?

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I use to live back off the road,had a gate.That only stops lazy people.Then you have people sneaking around.I caught one ,once said he was looking for an airplane crash. better off to lave the gate open and put a sensor on the driveway,and invest in IR wireless cameras. there are a few good tricks,wont stop someone,just let you know their coming or have been there.Even take a pic for ya.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, in the country, the OP could be sitting outside cleaning his pistol (never use all your ammo!), try that in town. Secondly, a remote controled gate ain't a bad idea, and does take time for the uninvited to circumvent (and possibly be seen doing it), fence or ditches are good too. Thirdly, check out the MURS radio's AND infrared sensors that you can use in conjunction with them. A camera might not be bad either. I drive around in a big brown truck occasionally, and I can tell you, there is a lot of trust out there in the community, people just don't expect things to happen. Thanks for the OP. And as someone of mixed decent, I took no offense from the OP, as I think none was meant, he just said it the way he saw it.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Heres ,something else you can do. I am retired with to much time on my hands. I plant a garden,and have trouble with deer and raccoons. So I got some eyelets,fishing string,9 volt battery,limit switch,and old bike electric horn. Run the string around the garden 6 inches off the ground,so when these critters cross the line,the horn blows and scares them away. Same concept could be done around the whole perimeter,only 4 feet off the ground. Cheap ,and effective.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    for one, how about they learn english so they dont have to drive a hooker with them all over the place as their translator? ooooooooh yes i went there

Glad to see the sensitivity training is paying dividends.:D That's too funny, the heck with being PC, call it like you see it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    First off, we live in a rural setting on a good amount of acerage, miles from the nearest town on a gravel road.

I had the day off a while back and decided to do some target practice with my pistol. It was around 1030 hours when I finished. So I am sitting on my front porch cleaning my sidearm when a old S10 pick up pulls up (I have a long driveway, cant see the house from the road)

In the truck are 2 mexicans and some white chick sitting in between them. They cant see me yet, they are pulling up slow to the garage looking around and checking things out. When they get closer I stand up and start walking towards them, pistol in hand (its not loaded, I didnt have any ammo left with me)

They spot me, they driver gets a paniked look on his face, I guess he saw the pistol (it was pointed at the ground). The other guy starts yelling at him in Spanish. The driver throws it in reverse and backs up to the turn around and as he stops to put it back in drive the girl leans out of the passanger window and says "we were just lost, heh heh"

They take off like a bat outta hell. Were they just lost as they said? Maybe, I personally think they were crusin the countryside looking for places where no one was at home to rob.

If TSHTF im gonna have to rethink a few things, I may be more vulnerable than I thought. Man I feel like an IDIOT for walking into a potential situation with an unloaded weapon!!

Too bad you didn't have your camera in your hand instead of an empty pistola. I've done the same thing a couple times and by the time I'm calling the county law to report it I've wished I had a "photographic" memory every single time.

Top Bottom