Rural King: S/W M/P 2.0 Compact: $385 ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rural King has a special going on for the Sw MP 2.0 for $387.
    Hoosier Armory sells it every day for $486, which usually has the best new prices that I have found, and the Rural King ad says they sell it regularly for $439, which really surprised me, comparing the Hoosier Armory price of $486.

Is this a stellar deal? Once in a lifetime?
    Is this a deal like Cabelas $300 last summer for the S/W 642 SS, 5 shot, hammerless snub nose that I bought this summer (b/c of a tip here), which is a price I've not seen anytime since and even used prices are always higher?

I don't know whether this is only online or you can go to the store in Greenwood, but it is only $10 shipping anyway w/o FFL fees

I have the Shield 9mm, which I love just fine, and things like enhanced trigger and reset are probably lost on me,
    but I thought I'd ask if this is a "too good to be true" deal like the snubbie I bought.

I assume it is not as small as the Shield?

mp-2-comp.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Once in a lifetime? I doubt. They way Smith has flooded the market and scrounged for all the business they could after the Trump election, I can see Smith working deals with a huge order to net the price down very very low

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No, it is not once in a lifetime but a good price. Grab a gun has been running them in that range regularly https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m2-0-cmpct-9mm-15-1-4-fs.html?source=igodigital with no rebate needed and no sales tax (at time pf purchase). Sign up for their emails, the price on the Compact 2.0 seems to fluctuate every couple of days.

It is a great gun, it is Glock 19 sized (not Shield sized, and a double stack), though feels a bit heavier in my hand than a 19. I have 2 of them. 1 to carry and 1 just in case. One of the two that I got was eligible for a rebate from S&W (which they seemed to run a few rebates last year) for 2 mags, 2 boxes of Hornaday Critical Duty ammo, and a mag loader (that only took like 3 months to get).

I like how RK lists the gun as the no safety model, but their pic is clearly of the manual safety model.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No, it is not once in a lifetime but a good price. Grab a gun has been running them in that range regularly https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m2-0-cmpct-9mm-15-1-4-fs.html?source=igodigital with no rebate needed and no sales tax (at time pf purchase). Sign up for their emails, the price on the Compact 2.0 seems to fluctuate every couple of days.

It is a great gun, it is Glock 19 sized (not Shield sized, and a double stack), though feels a bit heavier in my hand than a 19. I have 2 of them. 1 to carry and 1 just in case. One of the two that I got was eligible for a rebate from S&W (which they seemed to run a few rebates last year) for 2 mags, 2 boxes of Hornaday Critical Duty ammo, and a mag loader (that only took like 3 months to get).

I like how RK lists the gun as the no safety model, but their pic is clearly of the manual safety model.

1. I remember that deal with the mags, ammo and loader!
    2. I did a deal of $100 to get ammo and 5 mags for my Sheild 9mm, and it took me 3 months to finally get it all since they sent 1/2 orders then the wrong mags, but they finally made it right. I personally think they should have thrown in a little extra for the trouble. :dunno: (Palmetto)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Rural King has some great deals on select items.

I got lucky on Gunbroker and picked up a full size 2.0 that with shipping and fees I had $405 in.

You won’t likely see a 2.0 compact any cheaper than $387 (with RK rebate).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rural King has some great deals on select items.

I got lucky on Gunbroker and picked up a full size 2.0 that with shipping and fees I had $405 in.

You won’t likely see a 2.0 compact any cheaper than $387 (with RK rebate).

1. That's is what I suspected.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Noone has given any input on whether I should even think of buying the 2.0
    Perhaps I answered my own question as I asked it, confessing to not being a discerning shooter and the finery of the 2.0 would be lost on me at this point in my quest.
    Since I have the Shield 9 for CC (need small) if I get another 9 I am really more interested in 1911 style, and the Beretta has caught my interest even.
    Like alot of what I have done there is and has been a learning curve which must be amusing to the experienced since I'm sure they went through the same thing, but just didn't wait until 64-65 to do so. :laugh:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    The 2.0 has been very well received by those of us that prefer the SW platform and the Compact 2.0 has been particularly well received.

I am assuming the Compact would just be a range toy with HD use. The full size may have some sight radius advantage over the Compact but that’s your preference.

Personally I find the full size M&P to have a very 1911 like feel which is why I prefer it over Glock, et al.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I work at an indoor range, I get to shoot a lot of different guns, the 2.0 is an absolute joy to shoot.

1. Oh, I got a "live" one! :laugh:
    2. In your experience, is it much bigger for a pocket CC than the Shield 9mm?
    3. What makes it more of a joy to shoot specifically? I understand that can be hard to quantify.
    4. Probably: less recoil? more accurate? trigger more loveable?
    5. I could sell my MP Shield 9mm with my 7 magazines and not suffer financially b/c of the decision, but it the 2.0 fills up the pocket too much (height, width, length) it would be a deal breaker, unless you are also saying it would bring more joy at the range instead of a 1911 style 9mm.
    6. I just sold my SD9VE with 5 mags b/c it didn't seem but barely discernable from my Shield 9mm, so I couldn't justify keeping both, even though I could have afforded to do so, I just thought there would be something else out there better suited to my fancy (I'm wondering about the Beretta M9).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    The Compact is, to me, not a pocket ccw. Very nice iwb owb size.

Shooting the 2.0 will not cause an epiphany. It’s a great platform though. Here is my two cents on it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/445969-sw-m-p-2-0-fde.html

Beretta? Now I’ve got a 92fs that I really like. Used to have a brigadier that I should have kept. It accurate big and heavy. I think I paid $475 used anib.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Recoil is very comfortable, as far as accuracy, I tend to shoot it almost as well as my full size 1911, but, I wouldn’t say the trigger is quite as nice as my edc Ruger 1911. It’s a “feel” thing for me, the 2.0 just feels “right”, as opposed to a Glock 19 or a shield. I would suggest maybe hitting a nearby range that has one to rent, as the “feel” may not be the same for you. Out of all of our rental guns, the 2.0 generally seems to have the most satisfactory AARs, with the Glock 19, and Canik tp9 as runners up.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Its closer to the size of an SD9VE than a Shield.

I'm surprised you find the SD and Shield similar. I find my Shield is way easier to CC than my SD.

1. Of course: never intended or did carry the SD9VE
    2. Similar only in how it felt in my hand when it went "bang."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Compact is, to me, not a pocket ccw. Very nice iwb owb size.
    Shooting the 2.0 will not cause an epiphany. It’s a great platform though. Here is my two cents on it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/445969-sw-m-p-2-0-fde.html
    Beretta? Now I’ve got a 92fs that I really like. Used to have a brigadier that I should have kept. It accurate big and heavy. I think I paid $475 used anib.

1. Appreciate the "epiphany" remark: as I would have thought, especially since I'm looking more for a range 1911 9mm.
    2. I read every word of your link: thanks!
    3. Also, thanks
    for your Brigadier and 92comparison since I know nothing about it, and perhaps if I go Beretta, I should look beyond the M92, again, thanks!

Recoil is very comfortable, as far as accuracy, I tend to shoot it almost as well as my full size 1911, but, I wouldn’t say the trigger is quite as nice as my edc Ruger 1911. It’s a “feel” thing for me, the 2.0 just feels “right”, as opposed to a Glock 19 or a shield. I would suggest maybe hitting a nearby range that has one to rent, as the “feel” may not be the same for you. Out of all of our rental guns, the 2.0 generally seems to have the most satisfactory AARs, with the Glock 19, and Canik tp9 as runners up.

4. I do intend to hit the range, even today, since I got my preparation done this am, but I don't think I'll get around to renting 9mm today: next time.
    5. I have to work out my "new" Charter Arms 9mm revolver and put my tip-up barrels through their paces again to help decide which to sell.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You will need a good holster and belt for the 2.0.

I shoot it much more naturally than my Glock 19. Recoil is not an issue due to low bore axis and fairly hefty slide.

I'd stack the 2.0 compact against anything in its price and size class.

Really good gun to ring some steel with.

However it is not a Shield sized gun, but with the right holster and belt it conceals really well.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    This is crazy. I was just wishing for an "M&P version of my SD! They are the same size, though the SD is 16+1. Yes, the SD is a Glock copy, and a great one. You can get them used for $250. Take that Austria! I say if you're interested in this deal, do it. This size works IWB, at least for a short stocky guy and conceals o.k. The 9c conceals a bit better, though it has 3.5" barrel and 12+1. Consequently mine is for sale b/c I like the 4" better. How long will their supplies last? How long does the sale go for? They actually sell firearms at the Greenwood location? Crazy.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is crazy. I was just wishing for an "M&P version of my SD! They are the same size, though the SD is 16+1. Yes, the SD is a Glock copy, and a great one. You can get them used for $250. Take that Austria! I say if you're interested in this deal, do it. This size works IWB, at least for a short stocky guy and conceals o.k. The 9c conceals a bit better, though it has 3.5" barrel and 12+1. Consequently mine is for sale b/c I like the 4" better. How long will their supplies last? How long does the sale go for? They actually sell firearms at the Greenwood location? Crazy.

1. I didn't call RK to find out if they had in the store the special that was offered online (I get notices): you'd have to call the Greenwood (store (317-859-2903 = ask for handguns), or just go online with RK and have it delivered to Greenwood ( (extra $10 only).
    2. I sold my SD9VE last weekend with 5 mags for $300.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1. I didn't call RK to find out if they had in the store the special that was offered online (I get notices): you'd have to call the Greenwood (store (317-859-2903 = ask for handguns), or just go online with RK and have it delivered to Greenwood ( (extra $10 only).
    2. I sold my SD9VE last weekend with 5 mags for $300.
    How much does it cost to rotate your Avatar to the right? Sorry, it's driving my OCD nuts!! :laugh:

Top Bottom