Rumors of new shop and training center...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I have heard that there's a new gun shop and training center possably opening arround the first of the year sometime. My source says it will be located on keystone and 56th or in that general aria. This new shop is sopose to have indoor range, training classes from beginner to advanced everything, rentals, class 3 merch, onsight gunsmiths, lets face it the list goes on and on.... but I am just wandering if any body else has heard of this.... sorry i dont want to drop a shop name until i find out more about it. I want to know what other gun owners think and what would they be looking for in a shop that is such a big rumor?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Good rumors about anything concerning guns tend to be huge disapointments.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Merely a rumor, probably. My associate and I were planning/investigating opening a shop similar to what you describe...although not necessarily in that area. We quickly found that it wasn't really feasible to start up front with that much cost to contend with (at least with our limited loan budget). An indoor range alone QUICKLY starts tacking on hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on design and number of lanes.

Even though we have been investigating/ planning...what's to stop my associate from going an telling people about his plans even though nothing is ACTUALLY in the works? Rumors can start that easily.

Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I know of a LGS that was trying in that airia but the building was contaminated and couldn't be used as even a parkinglot. But i guess the bigger question is has anybody else heard anything... sound like a decent location at least....

Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I know of a LGS that was trying in that airia but the building was contaminated and couldn't be used as even a parkinglot. But i guess the bigger question is has anybody else heard anything... sound like a decent location at least....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sounds more like you are "feeling the waters" to see if there is enough interest to you opening the said shop. Is this what you are doing? If so, just come out with it and invite feedback to help you determine the viability of another shop/range in the area.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    This magic shop allready exists. They give guns away free, offer cheap ammo, have well bathed employees. You just arnt cool enough to know the secret password :) but maybe someday you will find the secret path to gunstore nirvana.

Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Not it's just something I heard at thethe 1500 I'm not opening any shop Although maybe I should... Um well you guys are probably right it's probably too good to be true it was just something I heardd

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Merely a rumor, probably. My associate and I were planning/investigating opening a shop similar to what you describe...although not necessarily in that area. We quickly found that it wasn't really feasible to start up front with that much cost to contend with (at least with our limited loan budget). An indoor range alone QUICKLY starts tacking on hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on design and number of lanes.

Even though we have been investigating/ planning...what's to stop my associate from going an telling people about his plans even though nothing is ACTUALLY in the works? Rumors can start that easily.

Miles Wyatt in Cicero can verify those figures... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom