• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    They are just like glocks, only better, because they are Rugers. But they are really just like glocks, almost to a T, if it was not that they had a better grip angle than the glocks, they would be damn near the same gun.

Sullivan_pbr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Romney
    My only problem with them is the tiny slide mounted safety. It takes some getting used to. Other than that I am a big fan. Great guns for the money.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I CC a ruger SR9C and am very happy with it. I have had it for a little over a year and have had no issues with it. I don't get to shoot as often as I would like but round count is probably nearing 1,000 with no problems at all.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good guns and nice shooters :yesway:

I have more experience with the compacts, but all around they are nice handguns. Nothing but positive experiences here.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Shot one just the other day. It was the compact model. Very accurate and well balanced. Slightly more felt recoil than my Glock 19 but I have to shoot them side by side to notice a difference. I didn't care for the tic-tac sized safety lever, they need to put something more substantial on there that gets better contact with the thumb or remove it all-together. I'm not ready to give up my Glock but if I was looking for a new CCW piece I might have to give it some real consideration especially for what they are charging for them.

gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    A very nice and reliable weapon system like the other guy said that side safety it weird but not bad once you are used to it.

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    It's a great piece, I have had mine for a month and have put around 400 rounds through it without and problems, with 200 at one sitting. I have not heard a bad review on it yet from all of those who have one, and there was a cop and his wife from Chicago up at Warsaw in the USPSA shoot I've been told, and they did pretty well with them.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I've handled the SR9, I have the SR9c.

For the price, I don't think you can beat it as a reliable little carry gun. I actually think it is, like a lot of Ruger products, undervalued....

The little safety is weird, but I don't ever engage the safety, just carry it like a GLOCK in a decent holster.

Of course, the loaded chamber indicator is over the top, that I won't deny.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Excellent guns. Many folks deactivate the magazine safety (one of the ruger forums has a good tutorial on that). The Crimson Trace lasers made for them are awesome too, and could enhance the ability to fire in self-defense situations where you might not be able to line up sights conventionally due to being down on the ground under a couple bags of spilled groceries or whatever.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The more I read about, hear the positive feedback for, and handle them in the shops, the more impressed I am. I have yet to shoot one for myself but I have seen several on the range and at training classes. No problems from what I saw and the owners shot them very well. I am beginning to think that the SR series of Ruger pistols are one of the best values in new handguns right now.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Had one and loved it. Great ergos and grip angle on it. Shoots very well. Sold it because I changed calibers and was waiting on the sr40c. Looking to get an sr40c right now. They are great guns and I actually am one of the few that like the safety. I dont think you can beat them in thier price especially for the price.

Drunken Yak inc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Osceola, IN
    I have a buddy that absolutely loved his SR9C, he constantly sung it's praises. And from what little experience I had with it, IMO there isn't a better gun for the money.

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Great shooter....but after purchasing a G19 last week, and taking a trip to the range today...Im afraid my SR9 will see the classifieds soon...:)

pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    I bought my SR9 from beech grove firearms and there price was the lowest of four dealers i checked with and they our a great group of people.

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    i've got an sr9c with just under 300 rounds through it. I haven't had any problems with any ammo i've tried. the only issue i've had is when field stripping it. the recoil guide rod catches when i try to pull the slide off keeping me from removing the slide. If i point the gun at the ground when i try to remove the slide it comes off perfectly fine. Thats the only complaint i have. But it does have a different guide rod then the sr9.

Top Bottom